January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just watched a Zakaria vid. And now am convinced we should spend a fortune on him . A beast of a man but quite silky for his size. No way anyone would ever knock him off the ball ever. They would bounce off him 

He does look a bit good from the little i've seen. Surely "bigger" clubs will be after him imo.

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Big no thanks to the other A Ramsey. Not needed in the squad at all. 

Maybe we are looking to build the club's profile globally.  It's the best chance of short term success our owners can achieve, it will build revenue to support future business (and ffp compliance).  Another loan as per coutinho wouldn't be the end of the world...

11 minutes ago, Adman said:

Maybe we are looking to build the club's profile globally.  It's the best chance of short term success our owners can achieve, it will build revenue to support future business (and ffp compliance).  Another loan as per coutinho wouldn't be the end of the world...

It’s a fair point but I think we’re already doing this. Martinez would be massive already in his homeland, along with Bailey, Traore, Trez etc. Coutinho will certainly enhance our name and brand.

The problem is places like Asia where the merchandise, fake or not, is dominated by the 4/5 top clubs here. You rarely see Villa stuff over there.

Edited by ferguson1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just watched a Zakaria vid. And now am convinced we should spend a fortune on him . A beast of a man but quite silky for his size. No way anyone would ever knock him off the ball ever. They would bounce off him 

I'm going to bake a cake, (just in case, we get him)

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

He does look a bit good from the little i've seen. Surely "bigger" clubs will be after him imo.

hush your mouth....what are we?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ransey wouldnt be a good signing, we dont need another AM/no8 etc, at all.

We need a DM & full back(s), and ofc a CD due to Axel leaving.

another AM is exactly what we dont need.

We need a defensive midfielder who can disposses the opposition and cover space laterally to cover the forward position of the wing backs. Who can also pass forwards to retain possession.

I don't know who that player is

Top signing for the 6 role for me would be Kouadio Kone who put in another great performance against Bayern Yesterday. Only 20 years old. Better than Bissouma already.

image.thumb.png.990ccc67fe9ec543a35d821712cce631.png

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

A healthy transfer fee which would be more than they would get in the summer. Brighton are not getting relegated so selling Bissouma is not a huge risk. Yes it may impact their progression for the rest of this season but they would be able to spend money on a replacement

I know what you’re saying Peter, but I just don’t feel that Brighton are in a position that they would need to entertain that sort of deal for Bissouma.

Just now, Woody1000 said:

I know what you’re saying Peter, but I just don’t feel that Brighton are in a position that they would need to entertain that sort of deal for Bissouma.

Woody, u could be right, they did hold their nerve and held out for the 50m for White so they wont be a pushover. But if Bissouma has told them he doesn't want to extend his contract they may be tempted to just cash in now. Once it gets to the summer there will be foreign clubs asking to wait a further 6 months and then sign a pre contract with them for XX sign on fee and XX per week which will be very tempting.

3 hours ago, sne said:

A 31 y.o £400k/w player who is constantly injured.

Juventus can't even give him away because that would mean he has to give up his salary and sign a new much lower contract at a new club.

Also doesn't fill any need in the team. Has Newcastle or Everton written all over.

£400k/w??

What on earth possessed Juventus to pay Aaron **** Ramsey that?

Wouldn't surprise me if they'll go the same way as Barcelona if this is true.

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

£400k/w??

What on earth possessed Juventus to pay Aaron **** Ramsey that?

Wouldn't surprise me if they'll go the same way as Barcelona if this is true.

One of those "free" signings that Juve used to be successful with. Ran down his Arsenal deal and his agent worked wonders.

Aaron Ramsey seems to have become something of a joke figure, but he was brilliant for Arsenal, I don't know how he's been for Juventus as I haven't watched him for them, but whenever I've seen him for Wales recently he's looked very good.

I don't want us to sign him, as I don't think he fits the way we set up our midfield and we don't need him for a No.10 type role, but I think he might be a good signing for the right club as long as long as the financial package is right, people joke about Newcastle signing him for example, but he'd improve them and if on anything like his best form would be their best player.