January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He really wasnt that good, seemed to live off that City game. He got 6 goals and 6 assists last season for a team that destroyed thr Championship. Emi got 15 and 16 in comparison

Another Ryan Fraser who will get an undeserved big wage contract next summer

He's also almost 24 and not as young as everyone assumes he is.

On 14/12/2021 at 14:00, El-Reacho said:

Saw an article today where Gerrard said that Lange would include whether a player is vaccinated or not in the club’s criteria for assessing a player.

I still don't understand why some players aren't vaccinated yet.  Some American sports leagues/teams have mandated that all players need to be vaccinated or they will not play/continue to be paid.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I still don't understand why some players aren't vaccinated yet.  Some American sports leagues/teams have mandated that all players need to be vaccinated or they will not play/continue to be paid.  

Bayern Munich arent paying the players if they are sick and unvaccinated. Kimmich hasnt been paid in weeks

• Like 1

We need to start moving on some of the excess players in the squad.  If Gerrard doesn't play with wide forwards/wingers and prefers more narrow 10s, we should be looking to move out Trez, El Ghazi, and Traore.  Hell, if we end up getting 30-40 million for those three, there is enough funds freed up for a quality starting left AM.  If we get more than that for the lot of them, we can put the rest toward another fullback/CDM/CB this summer.  

20 minutes ago, KMitch said:

We need to start moving on some of the excess players in the squad.  If Gerrard doesn't play with wide forwards/wingers and prefers more narrow 10s, we should be looking to move out Trez, El Ghazi, and Traore.  Hell, if we end up getting 30-40 million for those three, there is enough funds freed up for a quality starting left AM.  If we get more than that for the lot of them, we can put the rest toward another fullback/CDM/CB this summer.  

I do agree. But i think Traore is one you keep as i think he would be a brilliant 10 . So good in confined areas due to his close control. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KMitch said:

It is ridiculous. I would want to move on any player that refuses vaccination. 

Edit: removed my sanctimonious rants.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Nampalys mendy would probably be available on the cheap from leicester. Last year when Ndidi was out and before leicester bottled top 4 again he was putting in some decent performances. Would be good competition for the midfield and can see him and nakamba competing and pushing eachother to start. Gerrard could probably get him to go up another gear like he has with Nakamba. There are worse transfers and he is fairly experienced and at a good age in his career.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bayern Munich arent paying the players if they are sick and unvaccinated. Kimmich hasnt been paid in weeks

That’s all well and good and as much as I think people should be vaccinated, I think it’s disgraceful that a company won’t pay an employee unless he gets an injection against his/her will. 

I’m firmly against Vaccine passports/Mandates. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I do agree. But i think Traore is one you keep as i think he would be a brilliant 10 . So good in confined areas due to his close control. 

I'm not sure if he will work hard enough for Gerrard 

This idea that Gerrard always plays with two 'No.10s' is a big fat crummy myth anyway, at Rangers when fit Ryan Kent always played and was one of their most important players, and in the modern game he is about as close as you can get to a traditional winger.

14 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

This is getting beyond reason now, is Bertrand Traore a touchline hugging winger  relying on pace to get to the byline like it’s 1999?  No he cuts in on to his left foot, he’ll thrive in Gerrard’s formation the front 3 actually run less the cut the passing lanes rather than sprint back to cover a non existent midfield , we don’t have many forwards than can beat a man Traore is exactly that.

I get both arguments and it's going to be a veritable mine field knowing how best to move forward squad wise. I like having a Traore in our ammunition supply room, I also know that he should probably be behind Bailey and Buendia in the pecking order, where does that leave AEG and Trez let alone JPB and the other kids in other positions. Traore stays for me and JPB, I'm cutting out the guys in the middle, AEG and Trez out.

On 14/12/2021 at 19:03, MotoMkali said:

Says to their character. Also being unvaccinated is a massive risk factor. Look at kimmich basically being unable to play for 2 months. Or in other sports where players go from the top of the game to struggling mightily after covid (Jayson Tatum of the Boston Celtics is the first example to spring to mind) 

Also, if we buy a European based player that is not vaccinated they would have to do 2 weeks isolation before joining in training etc. Not exactly the start we would want from a Jan signing

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s all well and good and as much as I think people should be vaccinated, I think it’s disgraceful that a company won’t pay an employee unless he gets an injection against his/her will. 

stop talking common sense, you will be lynched for it if you arent careful......

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Declan rice would be my "if money was no object" signing. So we just need to find someone exactly like him but at about 1/10th the price.

Get it done johanne

I think Bellingham would be up there for me if money was not a constraint. It may have the added benefit of upsetting some of the neighbours too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe and probably the wrong thread for this but Kimmich has been sick for 2 months due to a bad reaction from Covid. He also did a Jack by telling people to get vaccinated and doing the opposite himself