Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

An update on the lad (from his dad) who had the cardiac arrest last night.

Oh thank goodness 💪♥️

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Why wouldn’t he move? 

She said it was her seat. Game had kicked off so didn’t really want to stand there disputing with her. In the end people moved down so she could stay next to her partner.  She apologised.

I was more annoyed with the steward that said there was nothing he could do!

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

People were taking the piss out of atmosphere online compared to the atmosphere in Rome and Marseille at same time

i find i hard to belive they were at the games and online at the same time , the atmosphere last night couldn't have been any louder

• Like 1

Just now, mattyvilla said:

i find i hard to belive they were at the games and online at the same time , the atmosphere last night couldn't have been any louder

Yeah it was deafening at times nowt wrong last night apart from the scoreline.

• Like 1

The problem is on TV all you could hear were the away fans as they are placed right next to the media boxes in the Witton End.

So for those watching on TV it made it look as though the aways fan were more vocal. The Olympiakos fans were very nosy last night.

Its was deafening in the North stand to start with, unbelievably noisy from the villa fans, the Greeks found their voices once they had scored but chanting is world's away from 38000 villa fans singing holte enders in the sky, it was electric, the Greeks just watched in awe.

• Like 1

Rocking last night.

The 1874 groups' claret and blue cards looked beautiful.

Couldn't work out how to upload a video, so I've uploaded it onto my Twitter. If that isn't allowed then apologies in advance (don't see why it wouldn't be, but still...) - please dont attempt to follow me, I dont actually post or interact on there 😂

• Thanks 1

Display looked great but so many people kept folding the card up into airplanes and then throwing them....they were actually really heavy, i got one straight to the back of the head 😂 was quite dangerous at times, as they were so top heavy they plummeted straight down and could have taken someones eye out

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

The problem is on TV all you could hear were the away fans as they are placed right next to the media boxes in the Witton End.

So for those watching on TV it made it look as though the aways fan were more vocal. The Olympiakos fans were very nosy last night.

Yeah on the coverage for ages all you could hear was the Olympiakos fans booing and whistling when we had the ball. 

It was amazing atmosphere for most of the match last night, especially the first half. 

When we went 2-0 down, the crowd went quiet for a couple of mins, then the whole stadium went full volume to try and get the team back into it.

Only near the end when we were again 2 goals behind and Luiz missed the penalty, then the disappointment got to the crowd and we understandably struggled to keep the atmosphere.

But it was WOW loud from Villa fans for most of the night.

• Like 1

I'm sure the atmosphere was good but all I could hear from the tv was olympiacos constantly boo when we had the ball.

Was tedious. 

24 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yeah on the coverage for ages all you could hear was the Olympiakos fans booing and whistling when we had the ball. 

Exactly. It's the same for most games with a vocal away support. It doesn't do us any favours for our perception amongst armchair fans. We should move the TV cameras and microphones away from there. The Witton end is also the quietest stand for the home support. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wish I could bottle the few minutes following the equaliser

Get Heck to record it and play it back through the speakers lol.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fair play @wedge, lots of us have moaned over the years, but well done to you all for stepping up and doing something about it.

I've moaned lots too mate (as you can see if you go back in this thread! 😂) so thought at least if we try I can perhaps justify moaning slightly more when I look at myself in the mirror, but I really thought we wouldn't get anywhere with the club (just as the very well-intentioned, talented and committed Project B6 didn't before us who we are pleased to work with and who are a huge part of 1897 too) but the stars have aligned (the stars being success on the pitch, strength in numbers with a lot of talented, intelligent, organised and dedicated Villa fans on board, and the likes of both fans, club staff and top brass such as Chris Heck etc - who were sat right opposite our section against Bournemouth and we were told absolutely loved the idea and will back us - having our eyes opened a bit with our European away travels this season and seeing the positive affect the likes of Legia, Ajax and Lille supporters had on their players for example and the club opening the door for us early on) and hopefully once this season is out of the way we can use pre-season to fund raise and liaise further with the club to grow and grow, so thank you!

Edited by wedge
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

I'm sure the atmosphere was good but all I could hear from the tv was olympiacos constantly boo when we had the ball.

Was tedious. 

They were very loud tbf. But so were the home crowd for the most part. 

Noticed a hell of a lot of anti blues chants on the way to the ground. I think we make them relevant far too much.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was sat in Lower Holte yesterday, row D, block L2. 

The atmosphere towards supporting the players was non-existant. The vitriol sent Matty Cash's and Robin Olsen's way was toxic and disgusting. Zero, literally, zero chanting of support apart from celebrations when we scored. 

It was a nasty experience and one I will not be repeating in that part of the ground. 

Those fans do not deserve these players. 

Edit: Just to add, we normally sit Upper Holte or Upper North Stand using our Claret Club Memberships. 

Edited by Don_Simon
Added context,

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I was sat in Lower Holte yesterday, row D, block L2. 

The atmosphere towards supporting the players was non-existant. The vitriol sent Matty Cash's and Robin Olsen's way was toxic and disgusting. Zero, literally, zero chanting of support apart from celebrations when we scored. 

It was a nasty experience and one I will not be repeating in that part of the ground. 

Those fans do not deserve these players. 

Edit: Just to add, we normally sit Upper Holte or Upper North Stand using our Claret Club Memberships. 

That's strange. Is that where all the weirdos and pessimists gather?

I do find the upper Upper Trinity to have the most optimism, mainly because a lot of people there don't attend many games so are enjoying the day out win or lose.

Â