Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Solution is to test for alcohol at the turnstiles and only allow people, basically 9 and above, entry if they smell strongly of booze and if they can walk in a straight line refuse entry and removal of season ticket.

Replace toilet roll dispensers with full bog rolls that can be acquired and thrown on the pitch

Place the away section right next to the bottom right of the Holte end  and encourage 'change days'  in the Villa lower right Holte to lob at the aforementioned away fans 

In the section next to the away fans in the DE have a section for certified previously convicted Steamers, C - Crew Youth and Hardcore  hooligans

Sorted 

No barrier between home and away fans.

Mandatory that Robbie Savage, Steve Hodge, Steve Bruce, Steven Gerrard and Karen Brady sit in a box in the Trinity next to the Holte wearing blue nose shirts to inspire chanting from the Holte.

A line down the middle of the Holte so we can have left side/right banter again.

So easy this basic stuff 😜

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Having the away end next to the holte may improve things that’s our only hope 

Let’s start a petition, call it Action Villa. Now I am part of the West Midlands football family. I will phone it in on Monday to drum up support.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Let’s start a petition, call it Action Villa. Now I am part of the West Midlands football family. I will phone it in on Monday to drum up support.

I can’t see it happening because the police will panic but I think it’s a great shout for a better atmosphere . 

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Depends what you mean. Our fans seem to have got so used to being aggressive towards our own players over the years they’re unsure how to react now they are playing well every other week. 

Some aggression towards the opposition would be ok.  (Not in the family stand though).

Villa park is just too passive . We want away fans and players turning up thinking they are going to be in for a rough ride but maybe I’m stuck in the past . 

• Like 1

on thursday in the holte end lower 2 stewards  , bearing in mind 75% of fans were stood up decided to pick on 2 lads maybe 17-18 and make them sit down. Frankly its pathetic , everyone knows what you get if you sit in the holte , most weeks people complain about others standing.

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Villa park is just too passive . We want away fans and players turning up thinking they are going to be in for a rough ride but maybe I’m stuck in the past . 

Mate I agree. I remember Boxing Day v Chelsea me and my cousin tried to boo when opponent had ball hoping everyone would join in but we just got ignored.  The old boo and jeer the opponent is always works in the big games. Nobody was interested. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Having the away end next to the holte may improve things that’s our only hope 

I think sticking all the fans in Doug was a mistake. There used to be a back and forth between the home and away fans, now you can barely hear them. 

I do wonder if they'll put an area to one side when the new North Stand is built for a singing section. In fact I would say it definitely needs to happen. 

We’re a very reactive fan base, we always have been. If we have a shot that brings about a good save, a heavy tackle or a fouls against us that’s dirty we get louder. We love Emery but his style of play isn’t one that encourages the vibrant atmosphere. 

• Like 1

The best atmosphere I've experienced was under MON. It's absolutely dead now compared to that, sat in the Doug Ellis for the Everton game and when we had a pen everyone was sat down, couldn't believe it. We played a lot more direct football under MON, if Ashley Young got the ball he was going to do something with it and the fans would stand up in anticipation, football just isn't played like this now and our very slow pace, while effective, doesn't get the crowd going.

As good as it is on the pitch, losing a fan as manager and captain will have had an impact too. I think the connection between the fans and players is probably not as good as it was, there's no youth players in the team apart from JJ. The club starting to treat fans as customers and FFP enablers doesn't bode well either.

Turning the music off 15 mins before KO would help, let the fans build the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

I think sticking all the fans in Doug was a mistake. There used to be a back and forth between the home and away fans, now you can barely hear them. 

I do wonder if they'll put an area to one side when the new North Stand is built for a singing section. In fact I would say it definitely needs to happen. 

I'd say most of the new North Stand will be corporate, but I'm cynical.. safe standing in the holte will help, good football and winning games doesn't seem to work

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

The best atmosphere I've experienced was under MON. It's absolutely dead now compared to that, sat in the Doug Ellis for the Everton game and when we had a pen everyone was sat down, couldn't believe it. We played a lot more direct football under MON, if Ashley Young got the ball he was going to do something with it and the fans would stand up in anticipation, football just isn't played like this now and our very slow pace, while effective, doesn't get the crowd going.

As good as it is on the pitch, losing a fan as manager and captain will have had an impact too. I think the connection between the fans and players is probably not as good as it was, there's no youth players in the team apart from JJ. The club starting to treat fans as customers and FFP enablers doesn't bode well either.

Turning the music off 15 mins before KO would help, let the fans build the atmosphere.

The bloody music drives me potty, depending on where you are you can't hear yourself talking

On 10/11/2023 at 19:06, Follyfoot said:

Solution is to test for alcohol at the turnstiles and only allow people, basically 9 and above, entry if they smell strongly of booze and if they can walk in a straight line refuse entry and removal of season ticket.

Replace toilet roll dispensers with full bog rolls that can be acquired and thrown on the pitch

Place the away section right next to the bottom right of the Holte end  and encourage 'change days'  in the Villa lower right Holte to lob at the aforementioned away fans 

In the section next to the away fans in the DE have a section for certified previously convicted Steamers, C - Crew Youth and Hardcore  hooligans

Sorted 

Arise Sir Follyfoot! 👏 🤣

On 11/11/2023 at 08:45, mattyvilla said:

on thursday in the holte end lower 2 stewards  , bearing in mind 75% of fans were stood up decided to pick on 2 lads maybe 17-18 and make them sit down. Frankly its pathetic , everyone knows what you get if you sit in the holte , most weeks people complain about others standing.

I saw this too but at the Luton game holte lower near to the trinity 

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate I agree. I remember Boxing Day v Chelsea me and my cousin tried to boo when opponent had ball hoping everyone would join in but we just got ignored.  The old boo and jeer the opponent is always works in the big games. Nobody was interested. 

That’s how it used to be in the 90s for big games we’d boo the **** out of the opposition on the ball 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 14:46, nick76 said:

Not sure the point of this thread.  Nothing is going to change unless a fundamental or significant change and that isn’t going to happen in the near future.  There is already a thread for Project B6 as one of the paths forward.  

I chant my heart out at each game but the old days of the old Holte, likewise fans chanting close together and all that has been massively watered down by all seater requirements, families environment focus, stupid loud speaker music, VAR delays, the cost of games and other factors.  As somebody whose travelled to many of the English grounds, there are a few that overcome this but most are struggling with this problem.

Exactly. Want the atmospheres of old? Turn off the PA, bring back standing, make it a tenner a ticket and sack off VAR. Until those happen, it's going to be sanitised. And those are never going to happen. 

Turning down the stupid music immediately pre and post match would be an easy start though. No point singing as the players come out when it's drowned out til kick off. 

As others have mentioned too, our style of play doesn't help the atmosphere weirdly. It's very patient and well-composed, and is absorbing to watch, but doesn't have many big moments which can wake a crowd up. We're too good! 

Edited by blunther

Â