Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

fantastic atmosphere...best in a long time

might i make one tiny gripe? i was surprised to see how many left early. i get the game was won and for many it's probably just habit, but the main (only?) advantage for 12.30 kick offs is that you've got all afternoon to get home and even if you live 4 hours away you'd still make any dinner plans. i 100% get it for evening matches, but for a lunchtime kick off, surely stay till the end and drink in the celebrations...performances like that don't come around often

People even left early when we beat United at home for the first time in what 28 years. I saw some people leave today on 80 minutes. I just don't get it. I think Doug Ellis is the worst stand for it from what i can see anyway. As you said i get it for evening games especially with kids and i get there may be the odd person that has to be somewhere for a certain time for an odd match that leaves early but its always the same people round me leaving early every week 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, catanzaro said:

Unfortunately I don’t get to Villa Park to often. Especially over the last 20 years.. I was there today and it was epic..

Can someone tell me the words to the song everyone sings which references 1982?

Every week we follow 

The boys in claret and blue

We even conquered Europe, in 1982

The Villa boys from Aston, we travel near and far

And you can hear us singing

From the stands at Villa Park 

Ole etc

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

Got back from the ground and then talked to my bro who watched it on tv at his place and I asked him about how the atmosphere came through on tv and he said he didn’t really hear it.  Definitely the bloody tv mics then because it was brilliant in the ground.

Interesting.  I was watching TV coverage here in the US (on a laptop sitting in a highway rest area) and the place sounded like it was rocking.  

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I LOVE how that one game meant so much to you that you still put so much of your life into this club 24 years later.

I took my daughters best friend to the game today. Her first ever game and what an experience. I bought her a Villa top in the shop before the game and she was so excited but it went through the roof the minute the game started and Ollie hit the post. Every minute after that was electric. We had a 3hr drive home after the game and she was buzzing. Told me how she could still hear the songs in her mind and see McGinns tackles. Just a beautiful thing. She’s 11 and had the time of her life. 

That is lovely stuff. What a game to see for her first VP experience! 

When Ollie hit the post 30 seconds in, I knew we were going to win. We were absolutely flying out the gate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

That is lovely stuff. What a game to see for her first VP experience! 

When Ollie hit the post 30 seconds in, I knew we were going to win. We were absolutely flying out the gate.

I know! She’s desperate to go again but I’ve been going for 30yrs and that’s one of the best 90mins performances I’ve seen from us. 

Next game is sure to be a disappointment for her! 

9 hours ago, villaglint said:

I LOVE how that one game meant so much to you that you still put so much of your life into this club 24 years later.

I took my daughters best friend to the game today. Her first ever game and what an experience. I bought her a Villa top in the shop before the game and she was so excited but it went through the roof the minute the game started and Ollie hit the post. Every minute after that was electric. We had a 3hr drive home after the game and she was buzzing. Told me how she could still hear the songs in her mind and see McGinns tackles. Just a beautiful thing. She’s 11 and had the time of her life. 

convert-them-change-them.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villaglint said:

Jesus christ 😲

• Haha 1

Not sure why they've started playing Twist & Shout after Hi-Ho Silver Lining. Was a perfect chance to the sing whilst the players went down the tunnel but we were drowned out by a song that we have no connection to.

Edited by Milfner

39 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Not sure why they've started playing Twist & Shout after Hi-Ho Silver Lining. Was a perfect chance to the sing whilst the players went down the tunnel but we were drowned out by a song that we have no connection to.

Still using Gerrard's tactics 

Edited by Kingman

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

They're just trying to shake it up baby. 

6 hours ago, Milfner said:

They have stopped the oasis song too whoch i quite liked

Edited by Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

Does anyone know why they stopped playing Sweet Caroline after games we win? 

I identify this as a Villa song more than any other / great feel good factor and singalong. Ticks all the boxes

It had had its time. Getting rid was a good move.

• Like 1

Great atmosphere yesterday which surprised me given the ko time. It helps when you play like peak Barcelona and blow that bunch of cry babies into oblivion.

I do wish that horrendous screeching noise would stop drowning us out when the players come out though. It's bloody nauseating and kills the pre kick off atmosphere.

On 15/04/2023 at 15:52, Sulberto21 said:

It was electric from pre-game to the end. Villa live after that would have been heaving. 

TBF, the Tavern was surprisingly dead after the match. Thought it'd be rammed. Town was full of Villa tops in bars though.

(Yep, we were allowed into town for the day!)

• Haha 1

Â