Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Apologies for not remembering the poster, but I’m sure I read in the pre match thread someone saying it was their first time at VP, or the first time in a long time. 

Glad they got to experience how loud VP can be, incredible today. 

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not complaining at all but what was the all the mad graphics and WWE style player announcements for at the beginning. I liked it, it was fun. Wonder if they were trialling it before next season.

I loved that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

When VP is like it was today it is the greatest place on earth. It was rocking. I know I am biased but I do think you give us as fans a sniff of success or when our backs are to the wall we are up there with the best fans in the country.

I think we are too harsh on ourselves at times and judge our support when in mid/lower table mediocrity and nowhere is going to be rocking then. 

One slight correction Villa Park is the greatest place on Earth regardless

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After such a great atmosphere today I feel bad to have a moan, but I really don’t like music at the final whistle. 

After such a great performance I’d prefer if I was able to sing about our players or our genius of a manager rather than singing Sweet Caroline 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

After such a great atmosphere today I feel bad to have a moan, but I really don’t like music at the final whistle. 

After such a great performance I’d prefer if I was able to sing about our players or our genius of a manager rather than singing Sweet Caroline 

They don’t play sweet Caroline anymore. But I agree about there being no need for a song.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

They don’t play sweet Caroline anymore. But I agree about there being no need for a song.

What was it then, they played something today? 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They play Hi Ho Aston Villa now. Which I think is a bit shit tbh. How much had you had to drink? 🤣 

I go with my son so drive, therefore had no alcohol. Must have just been the buzz of the win then. Chatting to my boy on the way back, he said that he couldn’t bare watching the time added on so had his head in his hands for the last 6mins. 

Something else I missed 🤣

3 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Oddly enough, the crowd noise didn’t come across on stream. I suppose another case of trying to protect the Sky 6 from too much atmosphere. 

But can usually tell when it’s going since everyone in the Holte are standing for the majority of the game. 

I haven't sat down in the holte once since we came back up to the premier League so don't think that's much of an indicator. It was as noisy as it's ever been at times today though.  

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not complaining at all but what was the all the mad graphics and WWE style player announcements for at the beginning. I liked it, it was fun. Wonder if they were trialling it before next season.

One and done hopefully. Not great

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I thought it was awful and I felt sorry for anyone that suffers with epilepsy 🤣

Â