Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

Thought atmosphere was decent yesterday, especially given the early kick off. It did go quiet in parts when we were under the cosh but that was mainly tension. There was a loud chorus of Villa til I die after the Arsenal winner which I thought was a great.

• Like 3

I thought for an early kick off, which are never the best atmosphere wise, that the atmosphere was really good.

I think as fans we could see the players had given their all and you can ask no more really can you and that was shown both in how the crowd reacted to Arsenals late goals and by the fact plenty stayed and clapped the players off.

• Like 3

On 18/02/2023 at 14:39, Pinebro said:

For small moments it's great and loud but then it quickly faded away.

Maybe it's different at the ground than it sounds like on the telly though.

I thought it was good yesterday in the ground and others have commented similar. I do wonder where the tv companies put the mic’s depending on the team…but maybe that’s just a bit too conspiracy theory territory.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Really good yesterday I thought. One thing that stood out to me, and I don't know if it was a conscious thing after some of the things that have been said, but there were no (or very few) moans and groans if we passed it sideways/backwards. Or are people getting used to the fact we're not just going to hoof it any more and try to keep possession?

Proud to be a fan yesterday 

40 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I thought it was good yesterday in the ground and others have commented similar. I do wonder where the tv companies put the mic’s depending on the team…but maybe that’s just a bit too conspiracy theory territory.

I'm sure the mics are in a set place every game. But they could easily edit the sound afterwards to make certain things sound louder to the viewers. Anyway, just off to watch some JFK assassination videos 😀

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was watching on tv and villa park was really quiet.

Have you tried turning it up a bit?

I thought it was good yesterday, and in patches really loud, as others have said, the support after the third goal was good to see.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Have you tried turning it up a bit?

I thought it was good yesterday, and in patches really loud, as others have said, the support after the third goal was good to see.

Ye mate it was really quiet. Watch it back on BT 1st half. It was also picked up on by the commentary team.

But i do think early cames always tend to lack atmosphere at games.  Fri night games at VP are the best for me

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I was watching on tv and villa park was really quiet. 1st half especially.  

Didnt think it was good at all to be honest

Well there is something wrong with the audio set up because 1st half it was good.  If that’s not being picked up by the tv then it’s how they are doing the audio, whether set up of mic’s or inclusion of background ground noise because 1st half was good in the ground.  

For me, this just shows it’s a non-issue because there is nothing we can do if the tv isn’t picking up the ground noise in the manner to reflect what’s going on.  

Seems a common theme on here that fans watching on tv game after game saying about the tv crowd noise yet the people in the ground saying opposite.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

I was there it wasn't , sound is manipulated on tv

This happens regularly now , not sure if the broadcasters are trying to even things up for shared TV audience or because quite a few terrace songs contain bad language 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Well there is something wrong with the audio set up because 1st half it was good.  If that’s not being picked up by the tv then it’s how they are doing the audio, whether set up of mic’s or inclusion of background ground noise because 1st half was good in the ground.  

For me, this just shows it’s a non-issue because there is nothing we can do if the tv isn’t picking up the ground noise in the manner to reflect what’s going on.  

Seems a common theme on here that fans watching on tv game after game saying about the tv crowd noise yet the people in the ground saying opposite.

Yeah seems wiers because watching on tv it was dead quiet.

Maybe they are manipulating it i have no idea

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah seems wiers because watching on tv it was dead quiet.

Maybe they are manipulating it i have no idea

I was there and there were definitely quiet spells. Generally decent atmosphere for thr most part though.

Spoke to some Arsenal fans who thought we were 'quiet' and that at the emirates 'they sing all of the time'.

The emirates is a soulless vacuum. They may make some more noise this season as they are top of the table. The last years under Wenger it was like a morgue. 

I made the point that as a crowd we expect things to go wrong and more often than not we don't win at home, which I think can affect the atmosphere esp when we are hanging on with little possession. 

17 hours ago, nick76 said:

It's definitely manipulated by TV.  Because i sometimes watch on official Sky/BT and sometimes on errrmmm non Sky/BT global networks.

The sound is completely different if i switch between them in the same match, with other sources having a lot more Villa noise than Sky/BT.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It's definitely manipulated by TV.  Because i sometimes watch on official Sky/BT and sometimes on errrmmm non Sky/BT global networks.

The sound is completely different if i switch between them in the same match, with other sources having a lot more Villa noise than Sky/BT.

Thanks.  That makes sense.  While I know Villa Park can be quiet and the atmosphere has issues, when I read on here the comments from people who watch the game on tv and I have just come from the ground, the comments don’t line up.

Â