Increasing Club Revenue

hippo

25 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Apparently 18 out of 20 clubs voted in favour and 2 abstained. Wonder if we abstained as it would not be a good start to our relationship with our rumoured new sponsor to vote against betting companies.

Based on what Henry Winter said regarding our voice in the Premier League I don't think we would have abstained

17 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Assume they will be binning of Budweiser soon if they are going down this road.

I mean, alcohol sponsors have been banned on shirts for donkeys years.

Your example of Budweiser highlights the scale of the problem though. Is it really much of a win banning them from shirts if their logo is still plastered all over the stadium? It's millions fewer walking adverts up and down the country though,  so it's a start. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Begins at the end of the 25/26 season so we may still have BK88 or whoever they are next season

It begins the day after our horrible three year deal with BK8 ends.

That won't have been a coincidence. We have a very influential CEO.

image.png

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It begins the day after our horrible three year deal with BK8 ends.

That won't have been a coincidence. We have a very influential CEO.

image.png

i wonder if it was more:

"we have signed the contract, its 3 years, we cant/wont get out of it, so your new agreement must come in after ours expires".

(i guess we had the longest expiry date of the betting sponsors? - as its a new deal, so i guess that was the natural cut off point, and nobody allowed to do it after the final clubs sponsor expires?)

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i wonder if it was more:

"we have signed the contract, its 3 years, we cant/wont get out of it, so your new agreement must come in after ours expires".

(i guess we had the longest expiry date of the betting sponsors? - as its a new deal, so i guess that was the natural cut off point, and nobody allowed to do it after the final clubs sponsor expires?)

Makes sense. But would still mean we were a driving force. 

Take the last date that is impacted under the current rules and make the new rule come into force from that point. Can't retrospectively apply a rule to impact only one club.

Be interesting to see if any clubs take the option to get a 2 year gambling sponsor in from the end of next season, or extend their current deals to the maximum limit. With the loophole soon to be closed for clubs trying to get close to what the scummy 6 get, it's important to make the most of it.

I agree with the action though. BK8 leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and its a case of two wrongs when it comes to us needing to have them to compete with the scummy 6.

Will no doubt see Newcastle get a self owned sponsor giving them way above the market rate with them cutting short their deal with fun88 (although it does look like they'll now have champions league to justify their fictitious rates). Funny how Leicester didn't strike up a £40m deal after they made the champions league once.

the sad reality will kick in that on the quiet some of the top 6 will have official gambling partners that pay them more per season than we get for our main shirt sponsor...

or just how much of a drop off there is because of this, there's already a huge disparity - we get around £8m per year? man city get around £67m with their nothing to see here etihad deal, teamviewer are wriggling out of their utd deal so their new deal will be interesting after newcastle no doubt reset the market

its obviously a move in the right direction but at the same time it wont raise the required questions over the financial disparity in the PL and the bullshit of FFP

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the sad reality will kick in that on the quiet some of the top 6 will have official gambling partners that pay them more per season than we get for our main shirt sponsor...

or just how much of a drop off there is because of this, there's already a huge disparity - we get around £8m per year? man city get around £67m with their nothing to see here etihad deal, teamviewer are wriggling out of their utd deal so their new deal will be interesting after newcastle no doubt reset the market

its obviously a move in the right direction but at the same time it wont raise the required questions over the financial disparity in the PL and the bullshit of FFP

Maybe we will look at a sponsor that vitoria have or that Egyptian club? 

Wouldnt suprise  me if thats the way forward for all 3 clubs under NSWE

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe we will look at a sponsor that vitoria have or that Egyptian club? 

Wouldnt suprise  me if thats the way forward for all 3 clubs under NSWE

That would make complete sense - main (global) sponsor(s) for all of the clubs within the Villa "umbrella", topped up with national sponsors / partners for "local" interest.  It would also make sense with shirt deals, etc - I would imagine that getting the rights to multiple clubs in multiple markets would attract extra interest.  Also you'd think that all of the clubs will start stocking kits of the other teams within the "umbrella" and whilst that might not bring massive numbers it does provide a neat entry point into extra markets.

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I think you get a home kit for the kid and hospitality for the family in our price could be wrong.

You do, but so do most of the ones that give it away

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think you get four tickets and a kit - but it's not a good luck to be the most expensive kids package in the greediest league in the world.

Sounds like a cheap way to get 4 tickets to hospitality, and a kit.

But I agree if the rest of the league are offering equivalent rewards and charging less I'm slightly shocked that we're the most expensive, given that our tickets are otherwise in the mid to lower end of the league.

Â