Cheick Doucouré

Dante_Lockhart

3 hours ago, TRO said:

He is also lumped in the same grouping with Emile Smith-Rowe, who plays much more offensively, maybe thats a teaser?

I think retaining the ball offensivley as opposed to defensivley can take on a slightly different context and set of skills.

Smith-Rowe is the only player in that grouping that plays in an advanced/attacking midfield position. He's very much the outlier there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

One of the reasons I agree with others on VT who have said Luiz is not being played in his ideal position.  If we sign this Doucoure kid, he can compete with Nakamba for the DM spot.  Then Luiz can push further forward and compete with our other midfielders for minutes.  Luiz looks so much better further up the pitch imo.

my take on it too.

• Like 2

If you look at Leicester with Ndidi and Tielemans, that partnership works really well.

Maybe if we signed Doucoure, or a similar type of player, he could do the Ndidi role with Luiz being more of a Tielemans type player.

With Luiz's passing and shooting having him further up the file could be really good. We'd then have McGinn and Nakamba who could also challenge for those positions as well.

I think we also could do with either a left winger or ACM, depending on what the plan is for Buendia.

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If you look at Leicester with Ndidi and Tielemans, that partnership works really well.

Maybe if we signed Doucoure, or a similar type of player, he could do the Ndidi role with Luiz being more of a Tielemans type player.

With Luiz's passing and shooting having him further up the file could be really good. We'd then have McGinn and Nakamba who could also challenge for those positions as well.

I think we also could do with either a left winger or ACM, depending on what the plan is for Buendia.

Just how I see it.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Is this player in that bracket quality wise though ?  - really not sure about this one.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Is this player in that bracket quality wise though ?  - really not sure about this one.

No, but they are both 24 and valued at £50m+. We’d need to sign Bissouma to match that. 

But he might be the 21 year old version of Ndidi or Bissouma valued at €15m before their big premier league move. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

No, but they are both 24 and valued at £50m+. We’d need to sign Bissouma to match that. 

But he might be the 21 year old version of Ndidi or Bissouma valued at €15m before their big premier league move. 

Agreed - but my point was we wouldn't be matching the Leicester pair in the terms of quality - at least not in the short term.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agreed - but my point was we wouldn't be matching the Leicester pair in the terms of quality - at least not in the short term.

The thing about players switching leagues is you can never tell for sure what will happen. We could sign this guy and find he's perfectly suited to our system in this league. There's just no way of knowing. But from what I've read so far, his profile suggests he has the attributes we need and that's good enough for me.

32 minutes ago, Awol said:

Exactly.

These top DM's were not big money signings originally, they have become big money players, due to supply & Demand....and their gradual improvement in the worlds most popular league.

We have to get Rob Mackenzie to find one for us.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

These teams are ahead of us in development.....we are just arriving.

Jacks money has helped us fast forward somewhat.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Exactly.

These top DM's were not big money signings originally, they have become big money players, due to supply & Demand....and their gradual improvement in the worlds most popular league.

We have to get Rob Mackenzie to find one for us.

Ndidi: signed in 2017 for £15.9M

Bissouma: signed in 2018 for £15.2M

Almost like there’s a profile… 

Edit: and probably why we’re not prepared to go to €22M for Pape Sarr.

Edited by Awol

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

These teams are ahead of us in development.....we are just arriving.

Jacks money has helped us fast forward somewhat.

Gives us the potential to fast forward. We piss that money away and we're back to square one.

For what it's worth, I think the club is pretty well run at the moment and the money will be wisely spent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

I could never understand us not joining that club....maybe they thought Nakamba would be up there with them, maybe he still will?

I don't think Kante cost much either.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Gives us the potential to fast forward. We piss that money away and we're back to square one.

For what it's worth, I think the club is pretty well run at the moment and the money will be wisely spent.

so do I.....Not sure, I understood the business of pissing the money away, bit.

Just now, TRO said:

I could never understand us not joining that club....maybe they thought Nakamba would be up there with them, maybe he still will?

I don't think Kante cost much either.

Don’t think so unfortunately, already 27 and although he’s getting better is not far from his ceiling, imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

Edit: and probably why we’re not prepared to go to €22M for Pape Sarr.

Trust the VENN! 👀

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

so do I.....Not sure, I understood the business of pissing the money away, bit.

It's a figure of speech for wasting the money. In this case spending it on poor players or other unworthy causes. In my case (at least in the past), get money on a Friday payday and come Sunday evening I have pissed it all away via handing it to a barman who then provides me with alcoholic beverages which I release from my body through urine, thus the phrase, pissing the money away.

Edited by sparrow1988

Â