Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

I mean it's not ideal to take a 15 mil loss after just 1.5 seasons. But he's scored what 13 prem goals for us in 30 starts and 18 sub appearances. About 30 games worth of minutes overall. Not too shabby.

I hope it's 15 mil then like 5 mil in bonuses if he scores like 15 goals for them. 

Good pro Ings. Sad to see him go and I have some big reservations about this. Still, doesn’t necessarily fit Emery’s game plan and we must have a couple of strikers lined up. Big outlay that hasn’t worked. We will have done well to recoup £15 million for FFP purposes as well as getting wages off the books. 

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

He doesn't suit Emery's Plan A, what about Plan B or C? Now we don't have that option.

If we don't replace him before the window's out, that point remains valid. As it is, we only have the Southampton game before the window ends. Let's see how that goes, if we struggle in this one game and everyone reckons Ings off the bench would have made the difference then fine. 

1 minute ago, Bosnichs Muller corner said:

Bit gutted when this does get finalised, don't think he has ever really done anything wrong and has scored and assisted some great goals when he has had his chances. Just hope the replacement is an exciting one to soften the blow of losing a good goalscorer

I don't think they will be another replacement. Hope I'm wrong though.

The timing of this is bizarre to say the least.

Two days before a match, when our only other senior striker limped off in the last game.

The Southampton game is our only game before the window closes, why would we not have waited until after that game? Makes no damn sense.

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And yet nothing can move the Bjorn Engels thread from On Topic despite him leaving the club 18 months ago :lol:

(page 12, in case anyone is wondering)

Proof that the mods have yet to seize the means of production 

Â