Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

Just now, Jono62 said:

Glad he was able to a goal and two assists in this game. Seemed to be playing in the position he did at Southampton today, in that he was slightly withdrawn.

Yep, very nice performance from Ings.  Such an asset for this team and great to see it rewarded with two assists and then his deserved goal for himself,

• Like 2

Very good yesterday but should be fined two weeks wages for not celebrating. While this is clearly a joke, this not celebrating against your old club is a bit ridiculous isn’t it?

Edited by sparrow1988

More interested the Saints fans booed him when subbed.

Guess it's how neutrals view us and Grealish but it actually surprised me given he did a good job for them for a few seasons and they made a decent profit on him.

Loved the way he effortlessly sided footed the ball into the net, that's him at his best and we haven't seen enough of it. In that situation Ollie would probably take a touch or two to set himself so perhaps that's reflected in their general scoring records.

Best game by far this season as a combination anyway so will see if they can build on it at Leeds.

Edited by VillaChris

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

More interested the Saints fans booed him when subbed.

Guess it's how neutrals view us and Grealish but it actually surprised me given he did a good job for them for a few seasons and they made a decent profit on him.

Loved the way he effortlessly sided footed the ball into the net, that's him at his best and we haven't seen enough of it. In that situation Ollie would probably take a touch or two to set himself so perhaps that's reflected in their general scoring records.

Best game by far this season as a combination anyway so will see if they can build on it at Leeds.

He didn’t want to sign a new deal and was offered a big contract by them 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He didn’t want to sign a new deal and was offered a big contract by them 

I get it on their behalf, id rinse him for it too. Said he wanted CL football but then rocked up at a club they would have seen as on a par or even beneath them in current PL status terms. They must think you should have just stayed with us, the club you support, if you arent going to a side in Europe.

At least Jack has gone somewhere to get trophies and CL football and I still wont forgive him even if I do understand the footballing reasons behind the move.

• Like 2

I've always thought Ings is a really good player. I'm surprised so many people wanted rid of him earlier in the season and it's great to see him being given consistent minutes on the pitch. No surprise that we're scoring plenty with him up top.

He's been playing an interesting role the past couple of games. The starting position is alongside watkins up to but he naturally drifts between the lines and sometimes ends up alongside coutinho just behind Watkins. So we end up with Watkins as a clear number 9, Coutinho as a clear number 10, and then Ings as a genuine 9 and a half type player. There's a great balance between the three of them

10 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

He's been playing an interesting role the past couple of games. The starting position is alongside watkins up to but he naturally drifts between the lines and sometimes ends up alongside coutinho just behind Watkins. So we end up with Watkins as a clear number 9, Coutinho as a clear number 10, and then Ings as a genuine 9 and a half type player. There's a great balance between the three of them

Its where he actually played at Southampton

Â