Danny Ings

HalfTimePost

18 minutes ago, useless said:

I'd sell him if we could get our money back, but only if we were bringing in a very good replacement. Having just Archer as back up wouldn't be good, and would put too much pressure on him if Watkins was to get injured.

If he doesn't go, and I imagine it's very unlikely that he will, then he can still be a decent squad member, if we use him right. Perhaps better off as a sub that can come off the bench and try and get a goal when needed.

i think that's the right viewpoint. Just have him as supersub/plan b option for rest of the season. Can come in if Ollie gets injured.

It's not what we envisaged for him but plenty of clubs have spent more than 30m on striker in last 5 years and it hasn't worked out at all. At least this signing dosen't feel as desperate as McCormack or Hogan did with things not working out.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I'd rather see Watkins hazzle the opponent but having a bad game than watch Ings ghosting 

Hazzle, I assume you mean hassle.  I wouldn’t mind if he did that but Ings does more at the moment.  Watkins is just frustrating at the moment with and without the ball.  Ings to start.

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I can't believe people would start him up front over Watkins. Watkins has been played out of position so Ing's can play, yet Ing's isn't doing a stitch. I'd like to see Ollie given the forward role for a few games and see how it pans out. 

He had it after Ings got injured for a month after Brighton game and we played our best football of the season for 4-5 games.

Ollie isn't in great form either but we just play through the final thirds more easily with him in the mix as CF. Ings really isn't a good footballer imo, too slow to pass and technique not amazing when controlling. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

i think that's the right viewpoint. Just have him as supersub/plan b option for rest of the season. Can come in if Ollie gets injured.

It's not what we envisaged for him but plenty of clubs have spent more than 30m on striker in last 5 years and it hasn't worked out at all. At least this signing dosen't feel as desperate as McCormack or Hogan did with things not working out.

Swop Ollie for Ings in the bench situation and I’d agree

Unfortunately Ings work rate is not enough, we look like united with Ronaldo or arsenal with auba when he is "pressing" . And he can not hold the ball up either. supersub maybe. Watkins is so much better for our style of play. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hazzle, I assume you mean hassle.  I wouldn’t mind if he did that but Ings does more at the moment.  Watkins is just frustrating at the moment with and without the ball.  Ings to start.

Ings really is a passenger in this team even you have to see that. 

He doesn't pull his weight. 

Just now, vazquez said:

Unfortunately Ings work rate is not enough, we look like united with Ronaldo or arsenal with auba when he is "pressing" . And he can not hold the ball up either. supersub maybe. Watkins is so much better for our style of play. 

He tried to work hard just doesn't have the legs anymore. 

Injuries whatever. He seem to be aging really badly. 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Easy, even when Ollie has been on his own this season he’s been poor.

Definitely start Ings on his own over Ollie.  

Now we have some quality creators, Ings is the far better finisher.  

Drop Ollie to the bench.

Ollie has had no creativity in and around him. Yes the same could be said of Ing's but his movement is slow as f*** to react. Ollie is much better running in behind defenders imo

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Ollie has had no creativity in and around him. Yes the same could be said of Ing's but his movement is slow as f*** to react. Ollie is much better running in behind defenders imo

Ollie is so frustrating, too slow to run in behind, isn’t hassling like last season and his decision making is poor.  If we create more, Ings is more likely to score because he’s much the better finisher.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ollie is so frustrating, too slow to run in behind, isn’t hassling like last season and his decision making is poor.  If we create more, Ings is more likely to score because he’s much the better finisher.

Spot on.

Must admit, I'd rather Watkins upfront for his energy as Ings does seem to tire.

Now with Coutinho I'd have Ings on the bench....more energy with this front three:

Watkins

Coutinho             Buendia

Ramsey     

McGinn           Luiz

• Like 3

Â