Tim Iroegbunam

useless

5 hours ago, tinker said:

I don't want to see Doug at DM, he was never very good there, it's time for Tim to be given a chance at DM. Tbh our season sort of depends on him as our only viable option at DM, other than Chambers, I can't see that happening after us trying to get rid of him in the transfer window. 

In my mind, I have dumped the season, and its expectations and will accept, what comes.....my priority now, is see the kids come through.

Lady luck has cast her spell, and the season has been grabbed around the throat.....so no expectations for me.

I am just going to hope the kids are given a run, see what they can do.....get the Holte End to give them a roar, and see what they can deliver....we all might get a bit of a surprise, if not, nothing lost.

It may enter in to a siege mentality, and anything can happen.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Not been given enough minutes as sub and this will bite us in the foot now, as we need him to come in composed and confident and with the nerves stamped out of his game.

Clearly has talent but hasn't been managed into the squad very well thus far.

13 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Not been given enough minutes as sub and this will bite us in the foot now, as we need him to come in composed and confident and with the nerves stamped out of his game.

Clearly has talent but hasn't been managed into the squad very well thus far.

Would have liked to see him given more time against Sheffield but other than that his opportunities have been limited by our fight for points. 

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

The issue with starting Tim right away (and all of the crazy ideas like Cash or Pau in the same role) is that the Kamara role plays an important part in building out from Emi. Consider Bouba, who along with Luiz, is best on the team at those high risk passes from Emi - has also made his fair share of blunders giving an opponent a free 1v1.

Cash in the role? Christ, who came up with that idea :D

• Haha 1

He was extremely highly rated when we signed him from...yes, you guessed it,  West Brom.

He played as a holding midfielder or box to box midfielder in the youth setup there and was excelling at both. 

He is the most logical option, and I don't think it's a case of better the devil you know here.

McGinn is key to our attack, and if he is off his game we struggle to create anything. Getting rid of him from that front line entirely is a mistake. 

Tielemans, similarly, is only effective further up the pitch. 

Both have played the DM role to mixed success, but it's more about the gap they leave further forward.

For me, Tim would get the nod next game, and the confidence shown in him would hopefully reap the rewards.  If he can't do it against Fulham, then we get our answer,  and have to compromise our whole team, as we did during his previous layoff for suspension. But to take that option first is a mistake in my opinion,  and would also dent Tim's confidence for when he is needed.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

In my mind, I have dumped the season, and its expectations and will accept, what comes.....my priority now, is see the kids come through.

I bet you are right laugh at parties! 😄We are only 1pt behind 4th and have lost Kamara to injury. Most of the other injury absentees are either back or will be back in a few weeks. Hardly time to write off the season.

• Haha 1

Not ideal, but it's a good test for him and for Unai to see if he wants to keep him or try and sell him in the summer if he's deemed not good enough for what we want. I seem to remember having Bannan and Hogg in midfield against Manure (Carrick and Scholes I think it was?) and they bossed them. We were unlucky not to get something from that game. May turn out to be great having Tim thrown in like this. I suspect he won't be though, and we'll re-jig the formation and maybe play someone else in that position, like Luiz.

No pressure on him, but I expect him to be a Makelele/Vieira hybrid from the 1st minute and lead us to glory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I bet you are right laugh at parties! 😄We are only 1pt behind 4th and have lost Kamara to injury. Most of the other injury absentees are either back or will be back in a few weeks. Hardly time to write off the season.

What do you want me to do, come on here and lie as to the opposite to what I think.....Its just my opinion, doesn't make me right.....have you seen the form table?......Thats if you acknowledge its merit.

Its only predictions, anyway, so its immaterial. Maybe, I am building in an inhibitor, for my disappointment factor, but I think its more based on what, I have been watching....we may look, at different prompters, like you watch the field play, and I focus more on the action in the boxes, I don't know, I'm just guessing.

You are maybe expecting, a huge up turn in form, I'm not, sorry......but I hope you are right, and me wrong.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Good time to start him against Fulham who aren’t overly physical!

In fairness, he's a physical player - he's a big strong fella with a good engine and enough of a burst to get him away from a player.

His big strength is in his ability to take a ball to feet facing his own backline and get turned around with it so he's facing into the opposition midfield - even with a man on his back. 

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

His big strength is in his ability to take a ball to feet facing his own backline and get turned around with it so he's facing into the opposition midfield - even with a man on his back. 

Can he keep a man away from the ball with his arse though?

• Haha 2

I think he's shown more than enough to carry the ball forward.

But it's that sequence that Kamara can do so well on his first touch. Emi > Kamara > Cash or Emi > Kamara > Pau under pressure.

Tim can shield the ball well but he'll need that quick first time pass and vision of seeing where the press is coming from and then open man. A 50/50 doesn't go his way shielding the ball and it's 1v1 vs Emi like Kamara has done a few times.

But then again - it's not as if that's McGinn's strong point so I can see arguments for both McGinn or Tim starting.

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

I think Villa fans, and this is not just Villa, but really all fanbases - fall in love with the romantic notion of play the kids.

And while there are exceptions, all of the academy graduates that went on to be successful, were highly regarded and stood out above their age group.

I'm sure @useless can provide more insight, but I'm not sure Tim is up there with the levels of even Carney, how much more your Grealish, Ablrighton's, Barry's, JJ's of our academy.

That he would be serviceable is a great result for this season - expecting him to suddenly surge into the spotlight is a bit much I think.

What could be more exciting, seeing romance turn in to reality and stability.

That is precisely, what is not expected....but was some of the kids who have come through, this season with flying colours, ( we know who they are) doing it before they got a chance....and some are playing in good teams.

I am not just, suggesting Tim is thrown to the lions, but he is either good enough or not.

JJ was not playing to this standard, when he first arrived, in fact some of us, was unsure.....I wasn't wholly sold on jack, when I first saw him for various reasons.

I am no academy expert, and don't profess to be....but I equally, don't expect them to be Jude Bellingham, standard before we see them......There is some middle ground to find, somewhere in there.

Let them loose.

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Whenever a player gets a hot topic tag I just assumed is another ACL.

Good luck kid

I don't know if to laugh or cry at that.

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

No pressure on him, but I expect him to be a Makelele/Vieira hybrid from the 1st minute and lead us to glory. 

better, than that.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

What could be more exciting, seeing romance turn in to reality and stability.

That is precisely, what is not expected....but was some of the kids who have come through, this season with flying colours, ( we know who they are) doing it before they got a chance....and some are playing in good teams.

I am not just, suggesting Tim is thrown to the lions, but he is either good enough or not.

JJ was not playing to this standard, when he first arrived, in fact some of us, was unsure.....I wasn't wholly sold on jack, when I first saw him for various reasons.

I am no academy expert, and don't profess to be....but I equally, don't expect them to be Jude Bellingham, standard before we see them......There is some middle ground to find, somewhere in there.

Let them loose.

I know what you mean but VT is guilty of hyping up every Villa academy graduate when, in reality, we have about 1 standout every 3 or 4 years.

But like you said, you'll never know until they're out there.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

He also must have forget we’re in the last 16 of a European trophy.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

What do you want me to do, come on here and lie as to the opposite to what I think.....Its just my opinion, doesn't make me right.....have you seen the form table?......Thats if you acknowledge its merit.

Its only predictions, anyway, so its immaterial. Maybe, I am building in an inhibitor, for my disappointment factor, but I think its more based on what, I have been watching....we may look, at different prompters, like you watch the field play, and I focus more on the action in the boxes, I don't know, I'm just guessing.

You are maybe expecting, a huge up turn in form, I'm not, sorry......but I hope you are right, and me wrong.

Well 18 months ago you were unsurprisingly so positive under a passion charlatan yet with an actual manager and about 80 points better off its all a disaster

Edited by Zatman
  • Shocked 1

Â