Tim Iroegbunam

useless

Just now, villan95 said:

Not sure why he wasn't given longer than 7 minutes 

30 odd minutes of first team football for him all season, when he was smashing it in the Championship all of last season. I think it's a **** disgrace how we treat some of our youngsters tbh.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

30 odd minutes of first team football for him all season, when he was smashing it in the Championship all of last season. I think it's a **** disgrace how we treat some of our youngsters tbh.

I think he was injured at the start of the season and I kind of get Dendoncker being preferred while he was here but games like today where it was effectively over after an hour was the perfect chance to give him half an hour and see how he does v good opposition.

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I think he was injured at the start of the season and I kind of get Dendoncker being preferred while he was here but games like today where it was effectively over after an hour was the perfect chance to give him half an hour and see how he does v good opposition.

He was injured, yeah, but he came back in October.

Thing is, if we're not willing to give him more than a few minutes in a cup game that's gone, and he's not even been on the bench for plenty of games when he's fit, are we really going to give him time in PL games when we get to the business end? He's had 4 minutes against Man United, 19 minutes in Sheffield United when it was a training session, 6 or 7 minutes tonight, and that's it, since rejoining the first team squad 4 months ago.

We should have loaned him out in January if we don't have serious intentions of giving him minutes, and I just don't see it happening if he can't even get a good run out tonight when it was clear after 20 minutes that Kamara was absolutely ****.

Our fans often wonder why players like Philogene and Chuk don't want to stay and fight for their place.

• Like 1

It seems Emery will start playing him more. Even Zaniolo is playing like him or less even. While he used to be starting. Youri didn’t use to feature. Emery doesn’t seem to to change the team at times despite the players themselves. Even Dendonker didn’t use to feature but he started to play lately. So I think there is a big plan for Tim. He’s just being introduced in a tough period with tough circumstances. 

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He was injured, yeah, but he came back in October.

Thing is, if we're not willing to give him more than a few minutes in a cup game that's gone, and he's not even been on the bench for plenty of games when he's fit, are we really going to give him time in PL games when we get to the business end? He's had 4 minutes against Man United, 19 minutes in Sheffield United when it was a training session, 6 or 7 minutes tonight, and that's it, since rejoining the first team squad 4 months ago.

We should have loaned him out in January if we don't have serious intentions of giving him minutes, and I just don't see it happening if he can't even get a good run out tonight when it was clear after 20 minutes that Kamara was absolutely ****.

Our fans often wonder why players like Philogene and Chuk don't want to stay and fight for their place.

You say he came back in October but seems to have hardly featured for our u21 since then. Also coming back in October does not mean fit, especially given he most likely missed pre season and has been injured for months. 

Our manager probably did not want to play him more against chelsea, as he saw no value in doing so, what good does it do throwing a youngster on when a game is lost and all the other players are playing poorly? 

Also the fact he has come on the last two games, is probably an indicator that the manager wants him to play more, but Emery probably wants to do it correctly, given his injury and lack of fitness, inexperience at our level and our poor form. 

Why would we loan out our only other option in midfield? The manager probably wants to integrate him in to his philiosphy, teach him the Villa way. Or maybe he simply does not htink he is good enough, but is smart enough to see we must have one back up to luiz and kamara, loaning him out would be crazy.

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's not an ideal situation, but big careers sometimes get made when injuries present an opportunity. Understandable that people would be skeptical, but did Newcastle fans think Lewis Miley would get so much time and play so well?

I agree time to throw him in now. I have seen some of our youngsters come on and think nope nothing there but with this guy I see him and I think he has that something that could make him a top player. It’s not the way I would like to see him come in but that’s the cards we have been dealt 

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

I agree time to throw him in now. I have seen some of our youngsters come on and think nope nothing there but with this guy I see him and I think he has that something that could make him a top player. It’s not the way I would like to see him come in but that’s the cards we have been dealt 

Certainly think he now needs to be getting more minutes, even if he isn't starting every game. 

i would bet money that he isnt yet at the point where Emery would remotely trust him as a PL starter.

Luiz is the clear choice to drop in to that DM role, with McGinn, Tielemans or maybe even Rogers going to that no.8 role.

Just now, MaVilla said:

i would bet money that he isnt yet at the point where Emery would remotely trust him as a PL starter.

Luiz is the clear choice to drop in to that DM role, with McGinn, Tielemans or maybe even Rogers going to that no.8 role.

If not now when though, probably could have been sent on loan somewhere. 20 now with championship loan experience, I’d let him play the next few games 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Honest to God I'd trust a raw Tim there more than McGinn.

McGinn can't play there and his talents are wasted there.

Tielemans at a push maybe but he was getting ran through at Leicester for fun.

Opposite for me - would take my chances with McGinn as he has at least shown he can play in the double pivot under Unai and has filled in for Kamara with varying degrees of success.

Every match with Youri in the double pivot has been a disaster.

Â