Tim Iroegbunam

useless

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

TBF we have grown so much this season and there were questions he had the time to get to the level we were last year.

This post is spot on. With where we are under Emery, we will struggle to integrate youngsters unless they are absolutely top drawer. 

This isn’t to have a go at the management, it’s simply that when a player gets to a certain age, I think the club is getting more ruthless.

• Like 3

My FFP knowledge is not the greatest, however am I right in saying that selling Tim with a buyback won’t have the same positive financial implications as the JPB/Ramsey/Archer/Chuk/Grealish deals? I thought that they were classed as pure profit for the books as they were our home grown academy players, but we signed Tim from WBA? 

10 hours ago, Jenko#4 said:

My FFP knowledge is not the greatest, however am I right in saying that selling Tim with a buyback won’t have the same positive financial implications as the JPB/Ramsey/Archer/Chuk/Grealish deals? I thought that they were classed as pure profit for the books as they were our home grown academy players, but we signed Tim from WBA? 

It's based on how much remaining "book value" a player has. So players who signed for free or very low fees when sold are booked as the sale price minus the remaining book value. So Tim, Kamara, Tielemans, KKH etc.. all go into our income side of balance sheet as essentially the total sale price of the player. 

Did a respectable job with the ball when he came on last night. Some nice passes through the lines and a nice turn at one point. 

Clear to see he wasn't as forthcoming in offering for a pass off the defence like Kamara and Luiz though.

It was the same with Dendonker. They didn't 'hide' from the ball, just didn't take up natural positions to collect of the defence. 

7 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Is he good enough or just pure profit?

Not enough of a sample size to judge yet, imo. Has all the attrbutes and had good/steady performances in the Champinhsip. Needs a run of games now but clearly Unai prefers Dendoncker atm. Would be nice to get into a winning position vs Burnley and then be able to give him 30 mins.

I assume he wasnt registerd for the UCL...maybe he will be for the KO stages?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eholm said:

Not enough of a sample size to judge yet, imo. Has all the attrbutes and had good/steady performances in the Champinhsip. Needs a run of games now but clearly Unai prefers Dendoncker atm. Would be nice to get into a winning position vs Burnley and then be able to give him 30 mins.

I assume he wasnt registerd for the UCL...maybe he will be for the KO stages?

We are at the maximum number of players we can register for the UEFA List A Squad (1/4 club trained players, 4/4 association trained players, 17/17 senior players. We don't have any more club trained players available, so current maximum = 22). The only way Tim gets into the squad for the second half of the season is if we remove a senior player without replacing them. Bertrand Traore is the only player that might fit this profile, because he has hardly featured and has a few players ahead of him for his favoured position. Any other senior player in the squad that leaves in January would require a direct replacement.

If Tim stays at Villa for the rest of this season rather than going out on loan in January, he would become a "club trained player" from next season onwards, so we would be able to register him as an extra player for Europe without removing anyone. But they might decide a loan is better for his development.

Edited by East London Villa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

We are at the maximum number of players we can register for the UEFA List A Squad (1/4 club trained players, 4/4 association trained players, 17/17 senior players. We don't have any more club trained players available, so current maximum = 22). The only way Tim gets into the squad for the second half of the season is if we remove a senior player without replacing them. Bertrand Traore is the only player that might fit this profile, because he has hardly featured and has a few players ahead of him for his favoured position. Any other senior player in the squad that leaves in January would require a direct replacement.

If Tim stays at Villa for the rest of this season rather than going out on loan in January, he would become a "club trained player" from next season onwards, so we would be able to register him as an extra player for Europe without removing anyone. But they might decide a loan is better for his development.

Thanks for the info mate. Tim in for Berti would be good imo...and a very good point about the transition for him to 'club trained' player if he stays with us. Interesting decision for Unai...

Edited by eholm

On 29/12/2023 at 10:43, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've always liked Tim.

I'd be willing to " risk " fixing him a go in the Tielemans or Kamara spot until they come back.

Good, balanced player imo.

6 hours ago, Powehi said:

Should play against Middlesbrough for me. Time to see if he has what it takes to step up.

Can’t see anything but him going out on loan or sold with a buy back clause now in January.  I think if it was anything else we would’ve seen a bit more of him even just more sub minutes.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Can’t see anything but him going out on loan or sold with a buy back clause now in January.  I think if it was anything else we would’ve seen a bit more of him even just more sub minutes.

has he not had a torrid time with injuries though?

Even with our more experienced players, they have been slowly eased in after a long lay off

• Like 2

Â