Tim Iroegbunam

useless

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The booking he got was a joke of a decision. Clean tackle and took the ball

Nah he didn’t get near it. Was the right decision to bring him down though.

5 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

The booking he got was a joke of a decision. Clean tackle and took the ball

I thought that on first viewing but he didn't touch the ball.

Nope was a definite yellow card.

My favourite thing he did yesterday was he burst into Norwich half and Cash was blocked for a pass and I think it was McGinn the only close player who just disappeared and he tried to pass to the player that wasnt Cash and we lost the ball and he pretty much called out the player

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

My favourite thing he did yesterday was he burst into Norwich half and Cash was blocked for a pass and I think it was McGinn the only close player who just disappeared and he tried to pass to the player that wasnt Cash and we lost the ball and he pretty much called out the player

So the player that wasn't Cash and the player he called out was McGinn?

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

So the player that wasn't Cash and the player he called out was McGinn?

I think it was McGinn as was on that side of the pitch, it might also have been Coutinho or Watkins :P :D  

was no replay shown as wasnt really a highlights moment

11 hours ago, wilko154 said:

The passing would have been purely down to nerves; he looked composed in the second half as he grew into the game.

It also looked as though the players didn't trust him fully; or maybe didn't want to put too much on him. When he starts to adapt more play will run through him in the midfield. I thought he had some very good spells where he broke up play nicely. Can see him being a real talent next season.

Agree with this. He did well IMO and was impressive breaking up play, but wasn’t involved that much in build up with just 26 touches. 

A great day for him and he certainly didn't let himself down. I'd like to see a few more starts between now and the end of the season and then a solid loan next year. 

I really hope that this position is a strong priority for us next year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

My favourite was when Hanley was trying to sledge him after his yellow card , Tim’s response : ‘F*** off’ . 😂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

A lot saying Camavinga changes the game for Madrid tonight. 19 year old DM.

If they're good enough they're old enough, I really can't wait to see more of Tim and give him a chance 

Agreed. Camavinga looked so composed and at ease on the pitch.  Looked like he'd played a CL semi final ten times before.  If Tim keeps showing what he did last game I have high hopes for him. Didn't look out of place at all. Just needs to get used to the pace of the PL for a full 90 minutes.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

If they're good enough they're old enough, I really can't wait to see more of Tim and give him a chance 

100%, camavinga has 124 senior appearances already. I’d give Tim the rest of the games 

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

He looks a ridiculous talent.

His bursts of pace and skill!

Did well on his debut, but a big part of his game that he didn't show, but I'm sure will come with time and more confidence, is how good some of his long range passing can be, he's played some outrageous balls at U23 level this season, I know he misplaced a few passes against The Canaries, but his passing in general is very good, and I'm sure that wil emerge more and more at first team level as he gets more chances and grows in confidence.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Did well on his debut, but a big part of his game that he didn't show, but I'm sure will come with time and more confidence, is how good some of his long range passing can be, he's played some outrageous balls at U23 level this season, I know he misplaced a few passes against The Canaries, but his passing in general is very good, and I'm sure that wil emerge more and more at first team level as he gets more chances and grows in confidence.

Can I just take this chance to say I really appreciate the insights we get from you guys who watch so much of the U23s and youths - it’s great to hear about it.

• Like 1

What helped him weas tyhe change in formation. Sitting at the base of the diamond when Ings came on made things easier for him and he was able to put his foot in and nick the ball. The two number 10s saw him get dragged out of position and he looked uncomfortable not really knowing where he should position himself. That was nerves as much as anything having to adapt to something different on the biggest stage, and to be honest replacing him with Luiz would have made us better in the first half. However, after the change in formation he settled in well and for 30 mins (or so) looked like the player people are telling us he is.

On 01/05/2022 at 03:18, villa4europe said:

You don't loan him first half of the season as we have the cup games, both league and papa John's if needs be

I also don't think you take a kid, have him train with the first team for a year, break through, play a handful of PL games and then ship him out

We don't have to loan everyone, just let him progress same as Ramsey, target 15 to 20 appearances next season mixture of starter and sub, with the new sub rules too it shouldn't be that hard 

Comparing him to Ramsey is interesting (I think it's a good case study) -- he was around the first team iirc for the first part of 19/20 then was sent out on loan for the 2nd part of the season (but then their season got curtailed). 

Â