Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ll take the OTT love for them over the negativity any day mate.

Exactly.  Whether its just me or maybe more of us see it, all i can see is one of the most exciting most creative lethal players in the league at the moment. His passing is as good as Grealish's at the moment. His shooting as good as Saka. His skill as good as Salah. And just as quick as any of them. 

• Haha 2

On 04/02/2024 at 11:43, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Alright yeah just listened to the segment.

Bloke asked him about the new contract new etc.

He said " Well I did my job, I negotiated a lovely contract for him, Leon is happy, and the club is happy, the news will come out in the following days, if a big club comes in we will also still have the options the same "

Yeah it's not things we want to hear, but I'm wondering if that is pointing to some sort of release clause or Gentleman's agreement in new contract etc?

Either way as another poster said, at the end of the day Leon makes the final decisions you would assume.

FTBy3U.gif

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

"reach verbal agreement"

Was Fab in the room with Leon and Monchi when this happened?

No idea you just know it’s concrete when Fab tweets it.

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Do you chuff :lol:

They're all going off that YouTube video I think. Or one of them is, and they're all copying each other.

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

There was a time when I'd agree with this.

Now he just tweets any old bollocks.

He was even tweeting about Lewis Hamilton the other day, as if he'd have some sort of inside knowledge about that

Edited by Stevo985

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There was a time when I'd agree with this.

Now he just tweets any old bollocks.

He was even tweeting about Lewis Hamilton the other day, as if he'd have some sort of inside knowledge about that

He’s a tap in merchant when it’s happened he announces it. He’s no more Itk than any other Jounro but if you are looking for confirmation of a rumor then he is the one probably hard to take on VT as so many have a love affinity with Percy.

The new contract is fantastic news and that is not a statement I thought I would be making 18 months ago. He thoroughly deserves it as he has upped his game and some since Uni arrived and is now one of the most consistent performers in his position in the premier league. 

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

I guess the question will be was he just playing out of skin for a new contract and once signed he'll revert back to the previous 2 years?  Or is the new improved long-term Bailey?

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I guess the question will be was he just playing out of skin for a new contract and once signed he'll revert back to the previous 2 years?  Or is the new improved long-term Bailey?

It's a bit early for him to start the playing well for a new contract gig like Rashford does. 

He also performed very well for Leverkusen irrespective of contract windows.

It's a possibility but looking at the evidence I am optimistic that isn't the case.

I think his form is more to do with the fact he wasn't over his injury during Smith's time,  Gerrard was fecking useless, and then he was getting used to Emery ball. Pretty much since he's got the hang of Emery's instructions then it's all been good, and the contract timing is the coincidence in this episode.

Definitely strikes me as the type that wants to play at the top so he'll be playing for his release fee to be met regardless.

Â