Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Craig Butler: "a lovely contract"

Really smiling at the though of him saying this. Big grin on his face.

I actually thought he may be tricky to tie down and be demanding money we can't pay.

One of the best players in the world in this form. No doubt.

• Like 1

Even though Butler will have a heavy influence it’s Bailey ultimately making the decision. He has seemed very happy here ever since Unai came in, even when he wasn’t starting every game. Boy knows a good thing when he sees it. No better place and no better manager to help him fulfil his potential. 

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Even though Butler will have a heavy influence it’s Bailey ultimately making the decision. He has seemed very happy here ever since Unai came in, even when he wasn’t starting every game. Boy knows a good thing when he sees it. No better place and no better manager to help him fulfil his potential. 

Unai seems to understand him and manages him to perfection those recurring injuries have been problematic the way Emery manages his game time is perfect .

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yeah further down in the article it says Leon is happy etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

39 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Unai seems to understand him and manages him to perfection those recurring injuries have been problematic the way Emery manages his game time is perfect .

Yeah I think that it's clear that Diaby playing ahead of Bailey recently has been a case of managing Bailey's work load. Bailey's been terrific.

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah further down in the article it says Leon is happy etc.

Just wish he had not said that nonsense about bigger teams. It kind of hangs on your mind a bit.

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Just wish he had not said that nonsense about bigger teams. It kind of hangs on your mind a bit.

Yeah it's standard Craig Butler 

However I never hung on to it, because I need to see the context.

I'm wondering if he was asked a question a certain way, and answered it, and it's been quoted as such.

Need to find the full actual interview and watch myself.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Yeah I think that it's clear that Diaby playing ahead of Bailey recently has been a case of managing Bailey's work load. Bailey's been terrific.

Yes and good management of Diaby also not throwing him to the side . Emery perseveres with players through bad patches Bailey is proof of thats

Edited by gwi1890

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Yes and good management of Diaby also not throwing him to the side . Emery perseveres with players through bad patches Bailey is proof of thats

But also giving Diaby enough minutes to play himself back into form (which so far has not worked, but you can only do so much).

Here's the link to the actual video for anyone that's interested. *** Older interview but interesting info nonetheless ***

Craig Butler is just out and about doing his weekly shop 🤣

Havent found the contract talk yet but interestingly at 40 mins in, he acknowledges that Leon was much better at home than away due to fan support and was basically slating Jamaica fans for not giving him the love that Villa fans do. 

Edited by MSvillain
*** Older interview but interesting info nonetheless ***
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Alright yeah just listened to the segment.

Bloke asked him about the new contract new etc.

He said " Well I did my job, I negotiated a lovely contract for him, Leon is happy, and the club is happy, the news will come out in the following days, if a big club comes in we will also still have the options the same "

Yeah it's not things we want to hear, but I'm wondering if that is pointing to some sort of release clause or Gentleman's agreement in new contract etc?

Either way as another poster said, at the end of the day Leon makes the final decisions you would assume.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

As wonderful as Bailey has been this season and exceptional in recent weeks he's been objectively terrible for the majority of his time here.

His uptick in form has coincided with new contract negotiations it would appear.

I really hope the two aren't connected.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Alright yeah just listened to the segment.

Bloke asked him about the new contract new etc.

He said " Well I did my job, I negotiated a lovely contract for him, Leon is happy, and the club is happy, the news will come out in the following days, if a big club comes in we will also still have the options the same "

Yeah it's not things we want to here, but I'm wondering if that is pointing to some sort of release clause or Gentleman's agreement in new contract etc?

Either way as another poster said, at the end of the day Leon makes the final decisions you would assume.

Release clause you would think.

Either way, not losing him for peanuts as he runs his contract down is the most important thing and I imagine any release clause will be hefty and a significant profit for FFP.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I wouldn't worry, you're reading an article from an agent. If you read any article from anyone elses agent you'd see similar. 

It's also unfortunately is honest and reflects the football pyramid. Morgan Rogers made a few similar sounding comments in the week. 

• Like 1

Most people here praising him were hammering him and had him first on their list to sell. It's a funny old world isn't it!

This just shows us that we need to be more patient and understanding. He was most people's scapegoat 12 months ago. We all need to remember that we are dealing with human beings not robots.

We need to afford a measure of respect and support to all our players. Cash has been in for criticism this season, and criticism is fine. But it has to fair, and preferably constructive. We shouldn't be in the business of condemning our own players, and throwing out unfair accusations and insinuations like was happening to Leon a year ago.

Bailey has always been liked by his managers, coaches and teammates a like for his professionalism and character. He is fun and jovial character. No one at the club ever said a bad word about him.

I still remember a member of a certain podcast chastising and righting him off for crying after missing that easy chance. That just showed us how much he cared. To turn it into something to hate on was unfair. I called him out as a hater (in regards to Bailey, as he seems like a good guy generally) and he has now rightly changed his tune (due to Bailey's form). But he should've been far more considered in his assessments. Bailey has well and truly forced him to swallow his ill thought out words

So happy for Leon. Great we have tied him down for a few more years, and hoping to see this form continue for the rest of the season and beyond. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

As wonderful as Bailey has been this season and exceptional in recent weeks he's been objectively terrible for the majority of his time here.

His uptick in form has coincided with new contract negotiations it would appear.

I really hope the two aren't connected.

Or it could be that he's finally being coached properly? No need to be negative for the sake of being negative.

13 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Absolutely razor sharp at the minute. Not sure he will sign a new contract though. 

Where is he going to go? He's in a top 4 team in the Premier League. The teams above us won't be in for him?.

I'm delighted he is performing now... makes us look far more dangerous. 

Â