Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

45 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Another thing to note.

His right foot seems to be catching up with the rest of him.

Up until the last few weeks it seemed it was useless lol.

Flash back to when he had the opportunity at the death to win the game for us but it was on his right and it just got the weakest inaccurate finish outside.

I've been to the training ground and found his right foot hanging around in the car park having a cheeky bifter

• Haha 2

We looked so much better in attack after he came on. He's full of confidence at the moment and the team just played better than with Zaniolo in it (who obviously has a lot on his plate right now and is trying a bit too hard). 

He looks so confident right now, it’s like he’s a different player. That shot he took, yes it was a poor finish, but that showed his confidence. A month or so ago, he takes a few touches and probably falls over the ball or gets easily tackled. Lovely little megs in the half way line as well. 

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

He offer so much more than Zaniolo, please Unai

I think Unai is combining Zaniolo and Bailey perfectly. They’re both getting opportunities. Coming off the bench doesn’t seem to be doing Bailey any harm. He’s having an impact. And I don’t think Zaniolo has been bad at all. He has a presence and gets involved. He was unlucky not to score today. 

• Like 2

We have a week off now so he's got a chance to start the next league game which will shift Zaniolo to the European games. He's not going to be risked in back to back games on a 2 day rest.

The problem is he can't play LM. We have McGinn, Zaniolo and Bailey who all prefer to play on the right, its not ideal.

It’s good to have different options I’m glad things are going well for him I’m glad Emery persevered with him,  same with Zaniolo  who Emery clearly rated he will also come good if Emery didn’t rate both they’d be sitting most games out like Traore.

• Like 1

Â