Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

3 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

He was bad, yes. But it was Kamara that cost us the match.

Surface level analysis. Causing two goals doesn't cost a team the match.

If we weren't playing with 10, we may have been able to score more than two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

He was actually ok first half, but faded badly as the game went on. I think he’s a 60 minute player 

Hard disagree here he should have been taken off after the first half. Can’t control the ball and when he does he loves running into defenders with it 

If you are never getting assists and you end every game with people saying you were unlucky not to assist then you probably aren't doing enough to get the assists.

The stats don't lie. For all the ball he gets and all the being our main outlet he doesn't have anywhere near enough quality.

He's just a bang average to poor player simple as that hyped up.

I wouldn’t mind Duran starting over Bailey. I think the competition will help if he has the mentality to battle for his place. If he shrivels and doesn’t stick around then no big loss. 

He needs to make the big moments in matches count. 

• Like 3

Found himself in good positions to start counter attacks in the first half, needs to learn to pass and move. Unfortunately his and Ollie’s missed chances cost us the game but at the same time there was nothing  he could have done to prevent us gifting Leicester 4 goals.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think McGinn might come in for him next game with another player pushed further forward. 

Out wide? The only other wide right would be Cash, playing one of Cash or Young as a wingback and right back together.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think McGinn might come in for him next game with another player pushed further forward. 

Coutinho had a good game up at Man. City before the collapse so seems two obvious changes even if we'll lack pace for many counter attacks.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

McGinn on the right and Ramsey on the left. Buendia in behind Watkins. 

Ramsey being subbed at half time dosen't suggest he'll be starting next week.

Think it will be Buendia, McGinn and Coutinho behind Ollie. Think we lined up with that last year and it worked incredibly well for 70 minutes with support from the full backs.

I'd still fancy him being one of our most likely to pop up with a goal or assist early in any match. The problem seems to be when he doesn't get anything early on, he quickly loses any composure he has and can be pretty rank.  Not much we can do for now really unless Traore makes an incredible comeback.

Frustrating player. Has talent. Not sure he's entirely cut out for the demands of this particular league. Ultimately hasn't really been an upgrade on Traore in terms of combined goals and assists, especially considering he cost almost twice as much. 

Â