Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Traore is technically miles better than Bailey. Touch, control and dribbling far superior. 

Traore could do everything Bailey does, and would be more likely to create something himself. I have a feeling he would have unlocked the Stevenage defence yesterday by a cheeky half way line bicycle kick to release Ings. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Traore is technically miles better than Bailey. Touch, control and dribbling far superior. 

Agree but Traore wasn't consistent either. When good very good when bad very bad! I miss watching his crazy antics though 😆. Bailey is actually good with his crossing into the box trouble is we rarely have a player in there to do anything. Regardless of other players struggles prioroty for me is a striker with a bit of presence.

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Isn’t it ridiculous? I know you were as excited about this signing as I was, he’s an absolute shadow of the player he was at Leverkusen.

I’d take Bertie back in a second, even with his once a game suicide ball! 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Isn’t it ridiculous? I know you were as excited about this signing as I was, he’s an absolute shadow of the player he was at Leverkusen.

I’d take Bertie back in a second, even with his once a game suicide ball! 😂

That suicide ball is a thing of beauty. Has it actually cost us a goal (yet). ? Bailey is really struggling I was so excited about him signing for us. 

• Like 1

Whilst I agree Bailey has been shit let's not get too romantic about Traore. He had flashes of brilliance yes but he was always injured and is hardly lighting the Turkish league on fire at the moment.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, birdman said:

Agree but Traore wasn't consistent either. When good very good when bad very bad! I miss watching his crazy antics though 😆. Bailey is actually good with his crossing into the box trouble is we rarely have a player in there to do anything. Regardless of other players struggles prioroty for me is a striker with a bit of presence.

In terms of attacking output he was consistent. Less said about what he did on the ball in his defensive third the better though :D

• Like 1

We're all disappointed with Bailey and perhaps feel sorry for him, but there's no room for sentiment in this business.  Unai clearly gave him the 90 mins to try to boost his confidence but it backfired.

After we bring in one or more forwards/wingers - as we surely must - Leon will be lucky to even make the bench for the rest of the season.

If he was a 10 million pound signing you might be more forgiving for the massive swings in his performances.

25 Million for the Bailey we have seen so far is a rip-off in my eyes.

Traore was better for my money.

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah he's had his chance for now - pop him on the bench. Couple of impact sub appearances and his confidence might come back. 

But then you will get his dad crying on twitter saying he's too good to be benched and could have gone to Ajax in the summer.

2 hours ago, birdman said:

Good point re striker, but in fairness I had as much service as Ings had against Stevenage, and I live 40 miles from Villa Park. 

I controlled Kane's penalty miss from the World Cup well though, when it landed in my back garden last week.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah he's had his chance for now - pop him on the bench. Couple of impact sub appearances and his confidence might come back. 

It would be good, but who do we play there? Buendia? Young? Watkins?

Edited by HKP90
typo

Traore is a better player than him in every single aspect(except for the blistering pace, blistering mate.) and that's not rose tinted glasses or "x player out the team is better than the one in it."

He's a miles better player. Where his head is now I don't know. As he isn't pulling up trees in Turkey.

Traore is technically better and read the game better - at least having a good feel on when to release the ball and when to dribble.

But it's definitely rose tinted glasses to think he would start any number of games under Emery.

Unenthusiastic doesn't begin to describe his defensive work rate.

And while you might need Traore for an odd game like Stevenage where he doesn't have to work hard, you won't get away with it most days against prem league opponents.

Â