Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

TBH, he failed to hit the target with two shots where, admittedly under pressure, he had the goal in front of him. Now that can happen, it certainly isn’t worth breaking down about you pick yourself up and try again, but of more concern is the ineffectiveness of his past two displays and our lack of alternative due to our shallow squad, everyone has an off day or two that when you bring in a squad member.

Edited by thunderball

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm gonna ignore Adomah because he was in the Championship and replace him with Buendia and only look at PL stats. 

You can't really do a simple calculation to their stats to take into account their transfer fee. If you doubled a players transfer fee for example, do you expect their goals and assists to double as well? Of course not. The gains you expect to get from a higher fee diminishes the higher the fee itself is. In other words, diminishing returns.

Goals per 90 minutes

1- AEG = 0.33 
2- Traore = 0.25
3- Trezeguet = 0.23
4- Bailey = 0.20
5- Buendia = 0.19

Assists per 90 minutes

1- Traore = 0.21
2- Bailey = 0.20
3- Buendia = 0.19
4- AEG = 0.11
5- Trezeguet = 0.06

Non-penalty goals per 90 minutes

1- Traore = 0.25
2- Trezeguet = 0.23
3- Bailey = 0.20
3- AEG = 0.20
5- Buendia = 0.19

Goals + Assists per 90 minutes

1- Traore = 0.46
2- AEG = 0.44
3- Bailey = 0.39
4- Buendia = 0.38
5- Trezeguet = 0.26

Non-penalty goals + Assists per 90 minutes

1- Traore = 0.46
2- Bailey = 0.39
3- Buendia = 0.38
4- AEG = 0.31
5- Trezeguet = 0.26

Thank you 🙏 

Interesting. We still own Traore dont we? 

I think Duelefeu would go some way to helping out.

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Thank you 🙏 

Interesting. We still own Traore dont we? 

I think Duelefeu would go some way to helping out.

We do. The thing is, he doesn’t seem to be doing all too well out in turkey right now. He has 1 goal and 0 assists in his last 14 games according whoscored and he may have even lost his starting position. Its either that or its a fitness issue but we don’t really have any information on that.

Maybe his style of play just doesn’t suit the league, Trezeguet’s numbers in comparison have been much better so maybe its a league that favors lots of workrate. Or maybe he just hasn’t fully recovered from the multitude of injuries he suffered last season.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Bailey is playing his way out of a starting XI place. Emery implied that he should be converting more of his chances, so if he doesn't then Unai will bring in someone who can. The Deulofeu rumour is interesting as he is a player who is similar to Bailey, but with better finishing. 

It is not really just about that miss last night, it's disappointing but that can happen to the best of players, and I have seen worse misses.

His inconsistency is the problem. Occasional matches he is very good, but most matches he is poor.

I really don't think he is good enough, and is one of several players who will be replaced.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He basically said “why’s he crying? Not like he cost Villa the FA Cup’ difficult chance etc”. 

Yes Gabby, some players take football very seriously. Maybe he should be more like him and shrug it off and go do laughing gas and party afterwards. 

I mean, that's hardly the worst thing to say is it? Pretty sure I said the same thing, it's not exactly talking crap about him it's saying there's no need to be so upset about a missed chance in a regular league game mid season and it was a difficult chance 

7 minutes ago, weedman said:

I mean, that's hardly the worst thing to say is it? Pretty sure I said the same thing, it's not exactly talking crap about him it's saying there's no need to be so upset about a missed chance in a regular league game mid season and it was a difficult chance 

Yeah, I’d go with this perspective too.

I think it’s meant kindly.  No need to be so upset.

No big deal.

18 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It is not really just about that miss last night, it's disappointing but that can happen to the best of players, and I have seen worse misses.

His inconsistency is the problem. Occasional matches he is very good, but most matches he is poor.

I really don't think he is good enough, and is one of several players who will be replaced.

Spot on. Bottom line, he's not good enough overall.

27 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s not miss of the season either, I hate when the media does this kind of rubbish. 

It wasn't a simple finish especially as they had players running back so far post was covered. Mistakes happen.

I consider it as just a miss, issue is there were two big ones against Liverpool. If he's to be a forward he can't be missing these chances especially as Watkins offers more off the ball

33 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bailey is playing his way out of a starting XI place. Emery implied that he should be converting more of his chances, so if he doesn't then Unai will bring in someone who can. The Deulofeu rumour is interesting as he is a player who is similar to Bailey, but with better finishing

Better finishing but has scored less goals this season in a worse league?

10 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Bailey had a good game yesterday. Should have scored, but otherwise great game.

Not sure if serious...

I'm really trying to back Bailey to come good, but he was abysmal in the first half yesterday (albeit slightly improved in the second half). 

46 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Good enough for what though? If you mean to get us in to Europe then you could argue that the whole squad isn’t good enough with the exception of maybe Emi.   Bailey is a mid table player in a mid table table. Like most of the squad.. 

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We do. The thing is, he doesn’t seem to be doing all too well out in turkey right now. He has 1 goal and 0 assists in his last 14 games according whoscored and he may have even lost his starting position. Its either that or its a fitness issue but we don’t really have any information on that.

Maybe his style of play just doesn’t suit the league, Trezeguet’s numbers in comparison have been much better so maybe its a league that favors lots of workrate. Or maybe he just hasn’t fully recovered from the multitude of injuries he suffered last season.

Or maybe he’s just shit and had one good season with no crowds?

Â