Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

44 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Just watched the miss on the highlights on SSN app, great ball from Ings, wasn’t as bad as everyone made out was still a lot to do. A player like Bailey isn’t going to be a world beater every game and today wasn’t his day. Still has a good game in him every other game, a world class player has a great game every game, we can’t attract that calibre of player. He’ll no doubt play well next week to make amends.

I didn’t see the match and was kinda following on here. From the comments here and on Twitter i thought it was a miss of ronnie rosenthal proportions. Had a bit to do is right. 

• Like 1

I disagree he doesn't care and he hss shown odd glimpses of his talent, but he's been witb us over a year and more often than not he is yechnically awkward, poor shooting, poor passing, poor crossing, loses the ball on his runs majority of the time.

He works hard and tracks back imo but more often than not gives away a free kick. 

For one of our main creative outlets he just isn't very good at any aspdct of the game, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I didn’t see the match and was kinda following on here. From the comments here and on Twitter i thought it was a miss of ronnie rosenthal proportions. Had a bit to do is right. 

He made the wrong decision he should have lobbed the keeper, he made it a far harder chance than it needed to be. Agree though it wasn’t a sitter.

• Like 3

He's won us points and games in the past and probably will do so again. He's like so many of our players, not amazing, but not bad either, just needs to improve consistency, at least with Bailey he's got more of an excuse given the injury problems he's had, still can be an important player, again like a lot of the others, just that some of them will become more squad players rather than starters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

He made the wrong decision he should have lobbed the keeper, he made it a far harder chance than it needed to be. Agree though it wasn’t a sitter.

Easy to say that in hindsight, I know of it were me I'd go round the keeper. I'd think I'd have a better chance of scoring than lobbing the keeper. He was just unlucky.

• Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

The performances are nowhere near good enough. Like Traore, he's a moments player but he has less moments than Traore did.

He seems a nice kid but if people are actually honest, and 

Yeah, I think you're right, I was a bit pissed off when I saw that Traore was suddenly loaned out, ok he's not as good as we need but I still think he should have been kept just until we get an actually genuinely good winger again (if we ever get one again, sigh. When did we last have one?! Long, long ago, it's very disappointing. We used to have Morley, Yorke, Daley, Young when he was young... I really miss us having a top quality winger) : <

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

Easy to say that in hindsight, I know of it were me I'd go round the keeper. I'd think I'd have a better chance of scoring than lobbing the keeper. He was just unlucky.

Not really, the ball sat up for him and he was running on to it with the keeper in no man’s land. Watch it again, because it sat up it made it harder to go round the keeper and meant he didn’t have the ball under control and made the finish harder. 

4 minutes ago, robby b said:

Yeah, I think you're right, I was a bit pissed off when I saw that Traore was suddenly loaned out, ok he's not as good as we need but I still think he should have been kept just until we get an actually genuinely good winger again (if we ever get one again, sigh. When did we last have one?! Long, long ago, it's very disappointing. We used to have Morley, Yorke, Daley, Young when he was young... I really miss us having a top quality winger) : <

Mark Walters says hello.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't mean to pile on further criticism, but I don't love this trend of players (feeling the need to be) apologising. He missed an easy-ish but not outrageously easy chance, it happens. If anything I'm more concerned that he's piling so much pressure onto himself that he ends up lying on the pitch crying and then apologising over the internet: I can't imagine it's going to help him play with more freedom and confidence. 

Welcome to the World of social media.

Â