Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Unfortunately I don't think bailey is a Gerrard type of player, he's not tough enough and too technical. 

Not sure what you mean by 'too technical'. Surely Couthino is even more technical and he's Gerrard's first name on the team sheet. If you mean he is too technical at the expense of putting in a shift, or staying on the pitch without getting injured, I would agree with you. He has been a big disappointment so far. Let's hope he finds a way to make an impact.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've been saying, it would be extremely naive of Leon himself, his team, and the club, to not have him on a serious strength straining program.

Both to strengthen his weak points, and to build him up, he's too slight IMO.

Wouldn't even say he is slight, he is built like the average Joe, very little in the way of muscle definition, almost like footballers from 30 years ago. He needs to be hitting the gym and strengthening his entire body. 

If he has great conditioning with a few lb of extra muscle over the summer then I can see him getting game time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Unfortunately I don't think bailey is a Gerrard type of player, he's not tough enough and too technical. 

I think it’s because he is too young. Give it another 5 years and he’ll be in Gerrard’s plans. 

Really hard to judge him on last season. Hopefully he can find his form
Interesting to see Fifa gave him 93 pace. This should be 50 pace on the new game

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the Jamaica squad for Concacaf Nations League.

Runs until June 15th I think.

Fantastic...

Rather he be at the club working hard behind the scenes.

Edited by AshVilla

7 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Unfortunately he is a flop, an expensive one. No resale value either at this point.

People calling him a flop are going to look stupid as soon as he gets a run in the team.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

People calling him a flop are going to look stupid as soon as he gets a run in the team.

Especially a team that has better quality in it. I know that we can only judge players on what we have seen, but there is a general lack of foresight with some football fans.

How does Bailey do with more creative players, better passers and a more solid defensive spine to the team?

Same for any player that underachieved last season. How does Mings do with Kamara in-front of him, and Carlos beside him? 

We will be a different team next season in many regards. Maybe Bailey will continue to underperform, and continue to be a weak injury prone player, but there is also every chance he thrives in the new look Villa team that is being built. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Especially a team that has better quality in it. I know that we can only judge players on what we have seen, but there is a general lack of foresight with some football fans.

How does Bailey do with more creative players, better passers and a more solid defensive spine to the team?

Same for any player that underachieved last season. How does Mings do with Kamara in-front of him, and Carlos beside him? 

We will be a different team next season in many regards. Maybe Bailey will continue to underperform, and continue to be a weak injury prone player, but there is also every chance he thrives in the new look Villa team that is being built. 

Anyone that has watched him play before or looked at his stats in detail knows he is a very good player.

• Like 2

He's trash. If he plays, he'll be rubbish. I have no doubt he isnt part of Gerrard's plans and will be sold to the first offer if we get one. But most likely he will be farmed out on loan for the season to German team.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the Jamaica squad for Concacaf Nations League.

Runs until June 15th I think.

Hopefully it'll help him build some match fitness. CONCACAF is a dangerous place, though.

Â