Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Given that he's a potential game changer I think Gerrard will keep him to see if he can use him in his system. If not, and we gat another season out of him, his resale value will not have dropped off alarmingly that makes keepimng him an extra season too much of a risk.

19 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

One nice thing about Leon being in terrible form is that we've not had to hear from his dad in a while.

Certainly one of the better things. But he looks like the kind of character who will blame the club and not take responsibility  

Leon started well but has since been very injury prone and poor in large periods. But there is sonething about him. You can see he has some quality

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

One nice thing about Leon being in terrible form is that we've not had to hear from his dad in a while.

We were just a stepping stone when he signed if I remember correctly?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

Be interesting to see whether his pace returns when we see him in pre-season. He looked positively slow last time he played.

Yeah, I recall a few saying he was moving in slow motion....

Either he was still injured or confidence has gone. He was a non-entity in that game!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yeah, I recall a few saying he was moving in slow motion....

Either he was still injured or confidence has gone. He was a non-entity in that game!

It’s hard to believe his pace has completely disappeared, more likely he doesn’t trust his body and is afraid of pushing himself. 

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't see him making a huge impact here tbfh. I'm imagine at least 15m of that fee is already "written off" in Purslow 's head.

In reality 7.5m should be written off after one year, so selling for 20 wouldn’t be a disaster.

Injury has cost him. A full pre season and hopefully he gets fully fit. Sounds like he was ripping it up in training as Gerrard said and that's why he got into the team. Hopefully he can learn the 10 role and maybe add some width in games he plays

Coutinho Buendia Bailey, that's a quality group to pick your 10s from

I think we will see a much better player in the second season. For a variety of reasons including injury, loss of form, settling in to a new environment, managerial change, preference for formations not involving wide players etc, we haven't seen much of him. I expect he will be working hard in the gym on rehab and getting a month and a bit of rest too come back and prove to us and the wider premier league that he is a player here to make an impact.

Leon Bailey will prove to be a good purchase for us

• Like 4

there's a player in there, we didn't sign him on form he was consistently standout in a good side in Germany. still only very young and constantly injured. 

He'll kick on next season, he needs to have a good enough pre-season to force his way into the XI and then needs to play well enough to stay in, we've got no room for passengers anymore

Â