Ice Cream

Big Salad

Dafuq happened to full size Twisters?  I can only seem to find the mini-ones these days and they're gash.  Proper Twisters are the perfect combo of ice-cream and ice-lolly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

Dafuq happened to full size Twisters?  I can only seem to find the mini-ones these days and they're gash.  Proper Twisters are the perfect combo of ice-cream and ice-lolly.

I bought a box of Magnum’s the other day and was **** devastated they were like mini multipack size versions.

Raging.

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Full size can generally be found as pos at shops/petrol stations, Ice cream vans/kiosks.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I bought a box of Magnum’s the other day and was **** devastated they were like mini multipack size versions.

Raging.

That's supermarkets for you. They're arseholes for it.

Hence @GarethRDR post above about mini twisters.

34 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hence @GarethRDR post above about mini twisters

To be fair, mini twisters are sold as mini-twisters. You know what you’re getting into when you buy them.

With the Magnums they were shrunk down without warning for a multipack. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

To be fair, mini twisters are sold as mini-twisters. You know what you’re getting into when you buy them.

With the Magnums they were shrunk down without warning for a multipack. 

True about the mini twisters and I guess there target market is aimed at children?

However, having not purchased a Magnum for god knows how long I am not sure if bigger sizes are available in shops/garages etc. Or if they've all shrank completely?

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True about the mini twisters and I guess there target market is aimed at children?

However, having not purchased a Magnum for god knows how long I am not sure if bigger sizes are available in shops/garages etc. Or if they've all shrank completely?

Full size ones definitely available too.

Its like when you pick up the 4 pack of Mars bars for a quid thinking you’ve got a bargain then you open it and realise they are about 60% of a regular bar (still decent value though tbf).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Ever decreasing ice cream sizes are my main indicator of how capitalism isn't something to put much faith into.

Yes comrade! 

Screenshot_20210723-212926_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Full size can generally be found as pos at shops/petrol stations, Ice cream vans/kiosks.

That's supermarkets for you. They're arseholes for it.

Hence @GarethRDR post above about mini twisters.

I found out recently that supermarkets can choose different sizes from manufacturers for multi packs.  So for example a pack of 4 Mars bars from Tesco might be a totally different size to a 4 pack from Sainsburys. Same with things like Cornettos. 

I purchased a 4 pack of Toffee Crisps recently without paying much attention and they were about the size of those old fun size Mars bars, about half the size of what they usually were, same price mind. 

Have Solero's dissappeared? Haven't seen any for a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Have Solero's dissappeared? Haven't seen any for a couple of weeks. 

Solero's still going strong.

Let me know how you get on with your ice cream machine experiment when you get round to it. 🍦

• Thanks 1

'FUN' FACT!

The name Häagen-Dazs is not a name, and does not mean anything in any language. The name was chosen by the initial founders - a New York Jewish couple - as a tribute to Denmark's treatment of Jews during WWII, because they thought it sounded Danish.

• Like 2

Well everyone seems to hate Ben & Jerry's.

Their 'Netflix & Chill'd' is **** amazing. 

Also agree on the Biscoff beasts on sticks. Amazing. 

Also not a fan of Mars bars but Mars ice creams are the tits. Can't only have one though because they're tiny. 

Â