Ice Cream

Big Salad

7 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Well everyone seems to hate Ben & Jerry's.

Their 'Netflix & Chill'd' is **** amazing. 

Also agree on the Biscoff beasts on sticks. Amazing. 

Also not a fan of Mars bars but Mars ice creams are the tits. Can't only have one though because they're tiny. 

Try the Snickers ice cream!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2021 at 18:43, Genie said:

To be fair, mini twisters are sold as mini-twisters.

Fact about Twister lollies:

Twisters used to be known as 'Tongue Twisters' back in the late 80's.

Strawberry and cream with a chocolate centre and yes they were **** disgusting.

Relaunched the product in '92 as what we know them as today while dropping the 'tongue' part of the name.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone live in Cheshire? I used to a long time ago and Cheshire Ice Cream Farm made incredible ice cream. Sadly became a bit too successful and theme parky but I wonder if they still Make good ice cream 

• Like 1

On 08/08/2021 at 04:17, Spoony said:

Does anyone live in Cheshire? I used to a long time ago and Cheshire Ice Cream Farm made incredible ice cream. Sadly became a bit too successful and theme parky but I wonder if they still Make good ice cream 

I live in Cheshire but have not yet visited this establishment.

I take it you're referring to the place that has giant ice cream sculptures outside and kids play areas etc.

Once I give it a visit and see what their stuff tastes like will let you know.

There are some other decent ice cream places up here selling nice home made stuff too.

On 08/08/2021 at 04:15, Spoony said:

People that say they hate Ben & Jerry’s can’t be trusted

From reading in here the only 2 flavours are tits and ass. 

The people not liking Ben and Jerrys should be lined up and be second up against the wall after Vegans , come the revolution .. 

(they can be joined by whoever was responsible for putting  cherries in  "Punch Line "  , ruined what could have bene a really good ice cream  flavour )

Chip Happens got me through many a movie during lockdown as did the slightly inferior Netflix and Chill'd , but Phish food is still the ice cream to beat  ... closely followed by Oat of this swirled 

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The people not liking Ben and Jerrys should be lined up and be second up against the wall after Vegans , come the revolution .. 

As it happens, the vegan Ben and Jerry's is alright ;)

On 08/08/2021 at 04:17, Spoony said:

I took my kids last month and can confirm it's very good ice cream. Not nice enough to go again though, it's like hell on earth at that place! 

On 10/08/2021 at 15:46, Nath182 said:

I took my kids last month and can confirm it's very good ice cream. Not nice enough to go again though, it's like hell on earth at that place! 

Such a shame. Used to literally be a farm and a counter in a building and that was it. Money ruined that place. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/07/2021 at 11:50, villa4europe said:

ben and jerrys were great, i think they opened stuff up for people to go crazy, they weren't the first people trying to sell luxury / expensive ice cream but for me they were the first people trying to chuck anything in the tub, i loved finding a streak of marshmallow in a phish food, before cherry garcia ice cream to me was stuff like raspberry ripple and here's these guys with cherry flavoured ice cream, big chunks of proper cherry and then dark chocolate thrown in too...the jump in what they did was crazy, not even the likes of hagen daas could compete for me

chocolate ice cream, caramel, marshmallow and then chocolate fish pieces...who was doing that back then? absolutely no one, they revolutionised it

now they're trying too hard, its not enough to have 10 great flavours, they've gone like cadburys with 100 products all tweaked and changed and they've diluted the brand and moved away from just the simple stuff that made them so popular in the first place

went on the american website to see what they're doing at the moment, they've 58 varieties of the normal tub, then you add in all the other stuff on top, its too much

based on that they have 4 different coffee flavours in the states...diluted their own brand

and i like those videos from food insider, the christmas special offer videos are very good, its always interesting to me to see what the states offer that we dont and then the ingredients, weights, portion size etc as a comparison 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Lidl did a lovely lemon and green tea ice cream recently. Think it was only for a limited time run though. It was so good.

They do a wasabi one at the moment but I’m not sure I fancy it. 

Â