Ice Cream

Big Salad

I love ice cream, could eat it, anytime any weather .

Rum and Raison is great, lemon or mango sorbet, black cherry. But I’ll try any random flavour. On way back in wales the other week, Bets Y Coed had a great little place and it fudge stick rather than flake as well. 

Blueberry please. Or cherry. 

If you're ever in Cornwall you can while away a good couple of hours here:

https://www.callestickfarm.co.uk/

You can see the ice cream being made.  It's a working farm in a beautiful location so they've got a few animals around the car park and a (very small) playground and a little restaurant for a cream tea or cake and of course ice cream. 

Maybe I'm a little wistful because both times I've been there it's been a lovely summers day. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Mint Ice Cream Art Print featuring the photograph Scoop Of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Annabelle Breakey

Also like Klondak bars, freezer pops, etc. At least I consider those forms of ice cream

Have you deliberately chosen a picture of ice cream in a friggin cup? what kind of spectacular nonsense is that FFS

I mean who eats ice cream from a cup.

You'll be one of those gravy on battered fish freaks I'm guessing

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have you deliberately chosen a picture of ice cream in a friggin cup? what kind of spectacular nonsense is that FFS

I mean who eats ice cream from a cup.

You'll be one of those gravy on battered fish freaks I'm guessing

I just googled mint chocolate cup ice cream and picked a random picture lol. And gravy on fish? Yikes. Only kind of fish I eat is flounder and eat it plain👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the problem with magnum is that im looking at that on my phone and its probably to scale

that'll be £3 please

It's such an infrequent purchase that £3 is well worth it.

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Ben and Jerry’s are overrated

Ben and Jerry's went down the pan when they sold out to Wall's (Unilever) and lost all of their great flavours.

Now it's just watered down mass produced shite and the flavours are boring.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

ben and jerrys were great, i think they opened stuff up for people to go crazy, they weren't the first people trying to sell luxury / expensive ice cream but for me they were the first people trying to chuck anything in the tub, i loved finding a streak of marshmallow in a phish food, before cherry garcia ice cream to me was stuff like raspberry ripple and here's these guys with cherry flavoured ice cream, big chunks of proper cherry and then dark chocolate thrown in too...the jump in what they did was crazy, not even the likes of hagen daas could compete for me

chocolate ice cream, caramel, marshmallow and then chocolate fish pieces...who was doing that back then? absolutely no one, they revolutionised it

now they're trying too hard, its not enough to have 10 great flavours, they've gone like cadburys with 100 products all tweaked and changed and they've diluted the brand and moved away from just the simple stuff that made them so popular in the first place

went on the american website to see what they're doing at the moment, they've 58 varieties of the normal tub, then you add in all the other stuff on top, its too much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

the problem with magnum is that im looking at that on my phone and its probably to scale

that'll be £3 please

3 quid???

A Magnum is 5zl over here.

Anything with salted caramel for me, or oreo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

ben and jerrys were great, i think they opened stuff up for people to go crazy, they weren't the first people trying to sell luxury / expensive ice cream but for me they were the first people trying to chuck anything in the tub, i loved finding a streak of marshmallow in a phish food, before cherry garcia ice cream to me was stuff like raspberry ripple and here's these guys with cherry flavoured ice cream, big chunks of proper cherry and then dark chocolate thrown in too...the jump in what they did was crazy, not even the likes of hagen daas could compete for me

chocolate ice cream, caramel, marshmallow and then chocolate fish pieces...who was doing that back then? absolutely no one, they revolutionised it

now they're trying too hard, its not enough to have 10 great flavours, they've gone like cadburys with 100 products all tweaked and changed and they've diluted the brand and moved away from just the simple stuff that made them so popular in the first place

went on the american website to see what they're doing at the moment, they've 58 varieties of the normal tub, then you add in all the other stuff on top, its too much

Completely agree, but I will say this about Ben and Jerry’s, the cafe they used to have in Amsterdam was absolute heaven after a long day’s coffee shop exploring. That was 21 years ago now though, I doubt it’s still there. But the warm chocolate waffles and ice cream were amazing* back then. 

*my taste buds may or may not have been affected by the local produce. 

• Like 1

I chant "ICE CREAM!" when it's hot and I want ice cream.  I did it around London once and low and behold, the people I were with got so annoyed, one of them walked off and bought me an ice cream from a vendor on Regents Street.

I like ice cream.

I live in Halesowen and since I've known my wife, we make a trip or two a year on a Sunday over to Henley in Arden to visit their ice cream shop.  They have all the metal buckets with chunky bits and bobs in their ice cream and it's all made locally - lovely :) 

Italy does great Gelato, which is a creamier, smoother ice cream, love that.

I'll tend to have something like rum & honeycomb, choco brownie, toffee/fudge variety and anything with a strong cherry flavour.

It's become a family tradition for me to go over to Henley on a scorching hot day, get the ice creams and drive home.  The look of sheer disappointment on their faces when their ice creams have all melted onto the car seats is something I look back fondly on.  It's even nicer when I get them to lick the seats clean, knowing my (or someone else's) sweaty ass and nuts have been farting on them since we bought it.  

It'll be those memories I cherish in years to come.   :)  

• Haha 3

Â