Ice Cream

Big Salad

3 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Its National Ice Cream Day here in the States. Anyone else on here a big fan? Ya'lls favorite?

Me personally I could eat it every day, especially some Mint Chocolate Chip.

Pastachio kulfi 

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Can I just check, what’s do you guys mean when you say ice cream. Because you’re **** wrong when you say jelly, so I’m just checking you don’t mean stuffing or something.

Mint Ice Cream Art Print featuring the photograph Scoop Of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Annabelle Breakey

Also like Klondak bars, freezer pops, etc. At least I consider those forms of ice cream

• Like 1

I do quite like just trying the random flavours when you find somewhere selling a hundred mad varieties. I’ll just randomly pick anything.

But the best icecream is the soft stuff from the machine from the icecream van. A proper old 99.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Its National Ice Cream Day here in the States. Anyone else on here a big fan? Ya'lls favorite?

Me personally I could eat it every day, especially some Mint Chocolate Chip.

Only in America 😂

Banana.

Salted caramel.

• Like 1

Maxibons we’re my go to back in the day. Now it’s Oreo ice cream sandwiches. 

Still like a Feast or a Twister now and again too. Also, I know they are crap and cheap but I love mini milks. 

I do prefer ice based stuff instead of cream though, give me a cider lolly any day, loads more refreshing on a boiling hot day instead of cream. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Lemon sorbet (do sorbets count as icecream?) is my goto. Proper sour ones so your face looks like a sheep's arse.

Same here, Lidl (used to at least) have a rather good one.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not a huge ice cream fan tbh, but the best I've ever had was in Italy. At this place, in fact. 

Screenshot_2021-07-18-20-16-13-44_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7~2.jpg

There’s an ice cream shop in Santander Spain we visit every time we get the ferry back to Plymouth.

Absolutely stunning flavours and a little family run shop where they make it on site. 

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I make ice cream regularly with my 11yr old daughter.

We’ve made some pretty random flavours including, carrot cake, sherbet and liquorice dib-dab, marmalade and candied bacon and maple syrup.

I make her a book of recipes for Christmas each year and she wants to run an ice cream business with me when she’s older 😂

I dread the day she won’t want to make ice cream together… 😢

How do you make it? 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

How do you make it? 

We mainly use a 1litre ice cream machine but there are ‘non-churning’ recipes out there too. 

it’s dead simple to make and fairly quick too. 

• Thanks 1

Rum and raisin is the one, there's a place by me that does a sundae, €6 for 3 scoops (you have to be careful with the **** cos they'll do 1 scoop r&r 2 scoops vanilla if you're not watching) cream, some chocolate shavings and a double dark rum poured over, boozy as hell 

Mint choc chip is surprisingly uncommon, loads of chocolate bar flavourings now like bueno and raffaelo stuff like that 

If you're buying one from a freezer then it's cornetto or nothing for me, although they're shrinking in size and growing in price so much that it's an absolute mugs game 

Â