Ice Cream

Big Salad

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Not a huge ice cream fan tbh, but the best I've ever had was in Italy. At this place, in fact. 

Gelateria Castellina

Screenshot_2021-07-18-20-16-13-44_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7~2.jpg

Very similar in Nice which might as well be half French half Italian

fenocchio-glacier.jpg

I couldn't find a picture that really did the full range available at Fenocchios justice tbh. (shit website)

They have a numberof shops in the touristy areas of Nice. About 95 flavours in all, some of them are very odd like Cactus

Bought a 3 box of Toblerone ice creams 2 months ago that were fantastic but can't remember where from. And haven't seen them anywhere since.

Had a few turkish brand Magnums in Marmaris 2 years ago had some sort of berry(blackberry possibly).Gorgeous and in fact had one every day coming back from the beach.

I only usually have Ice Cream when there's an heat wave.

Edited by useless
Edited out: I remember seeing this workshop thing where you could design your own magnum and I remember thinking 'I don't want to make my own magnum'.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I could honestly go the rest of my life and never eat ice cream. Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly OK and pleasant and blah blah. It's just nothing food, and I get much more pleasure from almost all other kinds of foodie treats.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

I could honestly go the rest of my life and never eat ice cream. Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly OK and pleasant and blah blah. It's just nothing food, and I get much more pleasure from almost all other kinds of foodie treats.

This. I’d rather have a cold drink. Last time I had one was in 48 degree heat 7 years ago. Should have gone for a Pepsi or Diet Coke instead. 

15 hours ago, BOF said:

I prefer dark cooking chocolate 

Anyone local to the Kidderminster/Droitwich area I’d recommend Churchfields. 

They do amazing ice cream produced on site. So creamy and delicious! 

I’m partial to salted caramel or a good strawberry ice cream. Mr Whippy from the ice cream man is always a nostalgic classic. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Make sure you cover it in syrup and sprinkles to make up for the total absence of any flavour. 

All depends on the mix that is used.

Most of them are shysters that use the basic Connelle cheap stuff that doesn't offer much taste. Wall's whippy mix is even worse and utter shite and tasteless.

The best mixes are Jersey Dairy or Angelitto.  😋

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

All depends on the mix that is used.

Most of them are shysters that use the basic Connelle cheap stuff that doesn't offer much taste. Wall's whippy mix is even worse and utter shite and tasteless.

The best mixes are Jersey Dairy or Angelitto.  😋

Have you got an ice-cream maker?  

From a gelateria I'll go pistachio or caramel with extra salt, from a shop I'll pick up a magnum or a feast and, in a similar vein to my enjoyment of both fine dining and aeroplane food, I'm also quite partial to a Mr. Whippy.

I once bought some ice lollies from iceland based on the old bassetts sweet favourites - the foam banana one, strawberry and vanilla "milkshake" and one other that i can't remember all for a bargain price of £1 per box.

Absolute shite, all of them. They were ice cream lollies but even at the coldest freezer setting they just stayed semi mushy. Avoid. 

Â