VillaTV 2021/22

ciggiesnbeer

46 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

when they are out, sneak out of the cupboard and take up position behind the couch is your best bet imho.

47 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:
1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

But what if I want to watch it on your downstairs tv?

when they are out, sneak out of the cupboard and take up position behind the couch is your best bet imho

Scared Ron Burgundy GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Villa TV not compatible with my Chromecast. Will have to watch all matches on my laptop.

Might be an issue on your part that mate, works fine on mine. 

That said I cant cast from my phone, and for the laptop im using the chrome internet browser which also has a cast option built in. 

Edited by Tony

I think its great the effort the club are putting in to team coverage, youth coverage and streaming etc.

The major issue for me though is the commentators, it's like we are developing a ferrari and asking clowns from the local comedy club to drive it around for us.

Woodward is annoying as hell, Daley isn't a commentator either.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

I think its great the effort the club are putting in to team coverage, youth coverage and streaming etc.

The major issue for me though is the commentators, it's like we are developing a ferrari and asking clowns from the local comedy club to drive it around for us.

Woodward is annoying as he'll, Daley isn't a commentator either.

The gap to the walsall commentary was quite noticeable, but then again I could listen to Brian Little reading the phone book.

• Like 2

I don't think Woodward's that bad as a commentator, kind of feel that crticism of him is over the top, would rather listen to him commentating than many of the commentators you get on TV  many of whom seem to try and over sensationalize everything. I think Tony Daley is good as well, especially with Mark Regan.

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The gap to the walsall commentary was quite noticeable, but then again I could listen to Brian Little reading the phone book.

Yeah it was such a drop off from the last game. 

The Walsall game sounded so much more professional. 

• Like 1

I have no problem with Toney Daley he is my hero as well.

My problem with jack woodward is he never gives any insight or helpful commentary on the actual football and instead focuses on his alan partridge impressions and stand up act. I dont want to listen to jack Woodward clown around. I want a professional commentator who knows something about football and can tell me something I dont know.

I find him insufferably annoying and and embarrassment to watch when they unwisely let him interview people, he was rightly booted out the club years ago. The fact he has weaseled his way back in after promotion really pisses me off. Plenty of good people who want a career in sports commentary could do do his role, give them an opportunity. 

rant off :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I have no problem with Toney Daley he is my hero as well.

My problem with jack woodward is he never gives any insight or helpful commentary on the actual football and instead focuses on his alan partridge impressions and stand up act. I dont want to listen to jack Woodward clown around. I want a professional commentator who knows something about football and can tell me something I dont know.

I find him insufferably annoying and and embarrassment to watch when they unwisely let him interview people, he was rightly booted out the club years ago. The fact he has weaseled his way back in after promotion really pisses me off. Plenty of good people who want a career in sports commentary could do do his role, give them an opportunity. 

rant off :)

At least he isn't Sam Matterface. Low bar I know. 

Woodward did confuse Davies and Wesley even though Wesley had been sent off. 

11 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

At least he isn't Sam Matterface. Low bar I know. 

Woodward did confuse Davies and Wesley even though Wesley had been sent off. 

Sounds like him. I am telling ya, the guy winds me up man. Can you boo commentators? :)