U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

On 23/03/2022 at 18:43, BOF said:

Iroegbunam, Carney Chukwuemeka & Aaron Ramsey all start for England's U19s against Ireland.

And Jacob Ramsey scoring tonight. He’s a first team player now so probably not the right thread to be talking about a kid that is starting PL games. But it does emphasise the great work our academy is doing. 

Some will hate me for including Jack, but if we include him, our home grown talent now playing at international level is incredible 

13 hours ago, villaglint said:

Absolute hit as well. Had to watch it about 20 times. 

Me too...love me a good shot that looks as its gonna do some real damage to what ever gets in the way!

• Like 1

We haven't actually played since I last looked, but a lot of the others have, so I've updated the table on the FP and below are the latest round of fixtures starting this Friday.

Friday
19:00 Aston Villa(9)    v Stoke City(5)
19:00 Fulham(1)         v sha(11)
19:00 Norwich(2)        v Sunderland(12)
19:00 Notts Forest(7)   v Wolves(3)
19:00 Middlesbrough(13) v Newcastle(4)
19:00 Reading(14)       v West Brom(8)

Saturday
11:00 Burnley(10)       v Southampton(6)

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BOF said:

We haven't actually played since I last looked, but a lot of the others have, so I've updated the table on the FP and below are the latest round of fixtures starting this Friday.

Friday
19:00 Aston Villa(9)    v Stoke City(5)
19:00 Fulham(1)         v sha(11)
19:00 Norwich(2)        v Sunderland(12)
19:00 Notts Forest(7)   v Wolves(3)
19:00 Middlesbrough(13) v Newcastle(4)
19:00 Reading(14)       v West Brom(8)

Saturday
11:00 Burnley(10)       v Southampton(6)

Can we buy tickets on the gate?

Our U23 set up this season has been like Chile of the early 70's.

Every week young men go missing, sometimes they come back out of nowhere, but no one knows where they go and no one mentions it.

Three centre backs on the bench and no signs of Bogarde, Ealing, Afoka, Chrisene, Frith, Thorndike or Abldeen-Goodridge, let alone Iroegbunam or Chukwuemeka.

Is this Jaden Young's first start?  He's with plenty of experience at least with Brad Young, Vassilev and Nakamba.

We'll win or lose 4-1.

Will be interesting to see Kadan Young, this is very early for someone of his age to be starting U23 games, he didn't turn sixteen until January and won't be a first year scholar until next season, a lot of players his age won't have played at U18 level yet.

Patterson has been playing in midfield for the U18s, and in quite an advanced role as well I think as he's been wearing the No.10 shirt and playing alongside two DMs, but looks likes he's playing left-back tonight, when Nakamba comes off I wouldn't be surprised to see a reshuffle and him move into midfield tonight, which will be interesting to see if it happens as I think midfield is his more natural position but we haven't had chance to see him there for the U23s.

Might be a difficult game, none of Swinkels, Bridge, Nakamba, or Vassilev have played much football recently, and I'm guessing the front three won't have much experience of playing with each other either, probably similar for the back four as well.

• Like 1