U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Talk of the league going to an U21 format next season (with a limited number of over 21 players) - should suit us.

Around 2011-13 the reserve league was reformated to U21 and a couple of years later was extended to U23 so its not anything new.

Its too long ago to rememeber what the over age limit was back then.

Anyway, overall it shouldn't affect us too much if at all.

On 25/04/2022 at 20:24, OutByEaster? said:

2-1 down, which is a shame as it sounds like we've had more of it in the second half.

Rowe on for Afoka, who missed a chance just before their second goal.

Is this Triston Rowe? Am I right in thinking he’s only an u16 centre back that we bought from WBA? I remember Andre Green and Jake Walker both making their debuts for the u23s as u16s. Andre Green is now at Slovan Bratislava in the Slovak Super Liga and Jake Walker is now at Newtown in the Welsh Premier League but I also remember Jack Grealish making his debut for the u23 debut as an u16 and even being named in the first team squad against Chelsea at home that same season, look at him now

11 hours ago, useless said:

Abldeen-Goodridge played for Reading in their 3-1 win over Fulham on Monday.

The dirty Jezebel.

• Haha 1

If we're letting him as seems to be the case given he's recently had trials with Newcastle and Reading, then I hope he gets a decent move, seemed like he was putting in a lot of hard work last summer with a personal trainer, and I thought he was much improved this season at U23 level. I think he did pretty well in the EFL Trophy against first team oppossition, so I'm guessing he will have some good offers, as I imagine will be the case with all of the players we let go.

Edited by useless

Which of the starting 11 do you think is good enough to break into our first team?
Patterson could be a talent 

Edited by messi11

We seem to be able to develop midfielders for fun thats for sure. Patterson looks great in central mid along with O'Reilly 

Patterson is still at school . Will be about to do his GCSEs 😆😆

Edited by MWARLEY2

Everyon having a good game, maybe Vassilve a little quiet and could do with more from Frith in an attacking sense, but he's still doing well up and down that right hand side, Kadan Young, Patterson, and O'Reilly the standout players, Young's age is being brought up on the commentary, but easy to forget that Patterson is still only sixteen as well. Dominated the game, just need to get our creative players on the ball closer to the Newcastle penalty box, I imagine it won't be long before we see Brad Young.

Unlucky result, beaten by two unusual goals. We were a little sloppy in the second half, too eager to play the killer ball and ended up giving it away too many times. A lot of good performances, Kadan Young looks brilliant, Patterson had a great game too, Ealing had a good second half, as did the whole of the defence, shame that they had to be on the losing side.

• Thanks 1