Tammy Abraham

nick76

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Chelsea mate saying they are willing to loan him with option to buy. Good deal, I say take him for the season.

What to us they are saying it?

If so snap there arm off.

I have a feeling it's a deal we would certainly look into the way things have been with Wesley and Davis past couple of friendlys.

Would be lovely mate.

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

A poll should be put up whether we should stick to the back ups or bring another serious forward in.

I think that’s going to heavily slant to one side… 🤣

Actually, I don’t think anyone is happy with our backups right now…

But if we get Bailey and Alvarez then that’s a whole other story…

Maybe the poll should be, Tammy or another forward? But a forward could also mean a WF or attacking winger rather than an out and out CF…

It’s gonna sound ruthless, but I want Davis gone… Tired of the club persevering with him…

He could have a decent career at a lower level rather than continue to be a bit part player here, never score and block the pathway of a Barry or a Young… he doesn’t posses the quality, I don’t really care if he’s strong or is good at the “hustle n bustle”, I want strikers to score goals… injured too often too… also a bit dopey…

We invested a lot in Wesley and after such an unfortunate injury and lay off, he deserves a chance to try and stake a claim, to gain a place in the squad…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I have a feeling it's a deal we would certainly look into the way things have been with Wesley and Davis past couple of friendlys.

Would be lovely mate.

Not specifically us, but he knows West ham been sniffing for a deal apparently.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Would be lovely mate.

I think he’s just referring to the Arsenal rumour/report which claimed a loan with obligation to buy deal, £40m the following season…

We’ve already covered it.

If that’s true, then go for it. But the “obligation to buy” part could be a sticking point, what if it doesn’t quite work out or he’s unhappy? E.g. lack of game time, from his perspective…

Getting Tammy on loan would save funds, strengthen our attack and allow us to sort the team and priority areas out, such as midfield…

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe the poll should be, Tammy or another forward? But a forward could also mean a WF or attacking winger rather than an out and out CF…

Problem though is reasoning why some would say no.  Some are a flat out no obviously but some say they would have him but don’t think we have the money.  The problem is that we don’t know the money/budget situation, we don’t know how much we have or how much Tammy would cost.  This also affects priorities because after a CAM/Winger some fans want a DCM before striker so think there wouldn’t be enough cash.  So I’m not sure a poll tells us anything unless you put 52 scenarios down to cover all the bases to choose from 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Chelsea mate saying they are willing to loan him with option to buy. Good deal, I say take him for the season.

Is your mate Thomas Tuchel?

Option to buy at price X, yep, that’s great.

Obligation to buy at price X, no thanks.

Assuming X is £30m/35m+ (which I feel it would be).

I’d rather see Villa ultimately pay extra than they could have done, but feel like what they’re getting is a safer bet following a good loan deal, kinda like they did with Mings.

34 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Problem though is reasoning why some would say no.  Some are a flat out no obviously but some say they would have him but don’t think we have the money.  The problem is that we don’t know the money/budget situation, we don’t know how much we have or how much Tammy would cost.  This also affects priorities because after a CAM/Winger some fans want a DCM before striker so think there wouldn’t be enough cash.  So I’m not sure a poll tells us anything unless you put 52 scenarios down to cover all the bases to choose from 😂

Am I forgiven?

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think some people could work out or estimate the budget we have, taking all the factors including FFP into account.

It’s unlikely to be massive or over £150m for instance (probably a lot less), but I would love to be surprised. It isn’t only the transfer budget either, we have to consider and maintain the wage budget.

E.g. if Tammy wants and is on a bigger wage than Ollie, that’s something we have to deal with and consider… we have to manage that wage structure and players’ demands…

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think some people could work out or estimate the budget we have, taking all the factors including FFP into account.

It’s unlikely to be massive or over £150m for instance (probably a lot less), but I would love to be surprised. It isn’t only the transfer budget either, we have to consider and maintain the wage budget.

E.g. if Tammy wants and is on a bigger wage than Ollie, that’s something we have to deal with and consider… we have to manage that wage structure and players’ demands…

The problem is money though.

Havng spent 33m on Buendia, do we now only have the 30m that we bid for ESR left over? So say 65m total or do we have 80, 100, 120 or even 150m.  The smallest differences make a huge difference.  

For me, if it was 100m if we got Buendia 33m, Bailey 32m and Tammy 35m I would be happy as Larry.  If it’s 80m then Buendia 33m, Bailey 32m then I don’t know, try and get a upcoming or veteran striker for 15m or a loan.

I know you don’t agree with my priorities and think a DCM is second priority but for me with all the midfielders we have if we brought a DCM we’d sell a midfielders we have and thus would cover the cost.  I mean we have McGinn, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey, Nakamba and even Chuck now (I’m leaving Hourihane out because I think he’s definitely leaving anyway).

If we had 120m or 150m then it’s party time.  

The thing we do keep hearing though is we have some quality irons in the fire.  The question is, is that for one position or multiple positions.  If multiple I assume we have a big budget but it’s all guess work.

As for wages it’s another unknown.  Reports say Tammy is on anywhere between 57-82k.  The click bait report somebody said Arsenal were going to offer 125k which I don’t believe for a second.  Ollie is on 75k apparently so maybe Tammy will come on similar.  It wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t bump up Ollie’s anyway after the season he had plus international recognition wage hike blah blah and extend his contract further.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Havng spent 33m on Buendia, do we now only have the 30m that we bid for ESR left over? So say 65m total or do we have 80, 100, 120 or even 150m.  The smallest differences make a huge difference.  

For me, if it was 100m if we got Buendia 33m, Bailey 32m and Tammy 35m I would be happy as Larry.  If it’s 80m then Buendia 33m, Bailey 32m then I don’t know, try and get a upcoming or veteran striker for 15m or a loan.

I know you don’t agree with my priorities and think a DCM is second priority but for me with all the midfielders we have if we brought a DCM we’d sell a midfielders we have and thus would cover the cost.  I mean we have McGinn, Luiz, Sanson, Ramsey, Nakamba and even Chuck now (I’m leaving Hourihane out because I think he’s definitely leaving anyway).

The thing we do keep hearing though is we have some quality irons in the fire.  The question is, is that for one position or multiple positions.  If multiple I assume we have a big budget but it’s all guess work.

As for wages it’s another unknown.  Reports say Tammy is on anywhere between 57-82k.  The click bait report somebody said Arsenal were going to offer 125k which I don’t believe for a second.  Ollie is on 75k apparently so maybe Tammy will come on similar.  It wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t bump up Ollie’s anyway after the season he had plus international recognition wage hike blah blah and extend his contract further.

Oh well, we’ll just have to wait and see 😆

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t count the kids. Personally, I don’t want Ramsey getting major game time again and I’d like the better ones (such as him) to go out on loan and to develop. Even Carney but he may me able to make an impact off the bench at times…

If we’re aiming for Europe, we need high quality and dependable players… I don’t think the kids qualify in that sense…

I think we’re obviously after another keeper, hopefully on a free.

We definitely need a CB.

I would like a DM or strong midfielder to help out… I’m worried about the midfield situation (as I’ve already explained, we only have a seemingly out of form McGinn and Nakamba available at present). The only midfielder with real defensive focus or strength is Nakamba atm, that’s concerning… Luiz won’t be available for a while and needs some from of rest/break, whether or not we rate him…

I really want us to win those first 3 games or so and make the best possible start, give us the impetus to kick on and make it a successful season…

I honestly don’t know if Dean wants a DM or even MF, there are conflicting reports. I see the need though…

We’re after a WF such as Bailey. I hope we get Alvarez too, an exciting and high potential talent that we can ease in and use as cover unless he turns out to be outstanding and we have to play him on that basis. Should be good cover for Watkins too.

Maybe we’re not after a CAM then and/or are going to put Jack or Emi there…

I don’t pay too much attention to the lines that we feed to the media but Purslow did say we won’t be doing too much business and possibly not spending too heavily, “key additions” was the main point if I recall correctly…

So

We spent £33m (rising to £38m) on Buendia

Young was free…

Hopefully, a backup GK will be free too…

CB is a tricky one, I don’t have many suggestions and doubt we will spend heavily. Kamara could cover both DM and CB and would be a smart signing. 

Let’s say, up to or around 10m on a new CB for now.

A proper DM would cost at least 20m I should think, probably more… it depends…

Bailey, let’s say 30 (hopefully)

Alvarez… 15-20?

Ok, so…

33 + 10 + 20 + 30 + 15 = 108

So that’s at least £108m (probably more)

That’s IF (huge if) this is the kind of business we do and positions we target…

If a player like JWP is being targetted, then that would be a huge additional or alternative fee…

I don’t think that leaves much, if any, left.

Personally, I’d be happy with this.

Add Tammy on loan and we’ve played a blinder but I’m doubtful…

Edited by Jas10

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t count the kids. Personally, I don’t want Ramsey getting major game time again and I’d like the better ones (such as him) to go out on loan and to develop. Even Carney but he may me able to make an impact off the bench at times…

If we’re aiming for Europe, we need high quality and dependable players… I don’t think the kids qualify in that sense…

I think we’re obviously after another keeper, hopefully on a free.

We definitely need a CB.

I would like a DM or strong midfielder to help out… I’m worried about the midfield situation (as I’ve already explained, we only have a seemingly out of form McGinn and Nakamba available at present). The only midfielder with real defensive focus or strength is Nakamba atm, that’s concerning… Luiz won’t be available for a while and needs some from of rest/break, whether or not we rate him…

I really want us to win those first 3 games or so and make the best possible start, give us the impetus to kick on and make it a successful season…

I honestly don’t know if Dean wants a DM or even MF, there are conflicting reports. I see the need though…

We’re after a WF such as Bailey. I hope we get Alvarez too, an exciting and high potential talent that we can ease in and use as cover unless he turns out to be outstanding and we have to play him on that basis. Should be good cover for Watkins too.

Maybe we’re not after a CAM then and/or are going to put Jack or Emi there…

I don’t pay too much attention to the lines that we feed to the media but Purslow did say we won’t be doing too much business and possibly not spending too heavily, “key additions” was the main point if I recall correctly…

So

We spent £33m (rising to £38m) on Buendia

Young was free…

Hopefully, a backup GK will be free too…

CB is a tricky one, I don’t have many suggestions and doubt we will spend heavily. Kamara could cover both DM and CB and would be a smart signing. 

Let’s say, up to or around 10m on a new CB for now.

A proper DM would cost at least 20m I should think, probably more… it depends…

Bailey, let’s say 30 (hopefully)

Alvarez… 15-20?

Ok, so…

33 + 10 + 20 + 30 + 15 = 108

So that’s at least £108m (probably more)

That’s IF (huge if) this is the kind of business we do and positions we target…

If a player like JWP is being targetted, then that would be a huge additional or alternative fee…

I don’t think that leaves much, if any, left.

Personally, I’d be happy with this.

Add Tammy on loan and we’ve played a blinder but I’m doubtful…

So all that and only 1 goalscorer?  Alvarez is a bit of a stretch to be that cover given settling in, language, environment, pace, style of game..it will take some time to bed in.  Hard to believe he’s Watkins cover.  

Just feels you’ve brought all the parts of the top notch gun ready for a gun fight but only have one bullet! Sometimes one bullet is enough, sometimes it isn’t.  Feels like you are setting up the team and then risking it all only having one goalscorer available.  Just too risky in my eyes but I respect your view, just think you’re mad 😂👊🏻

Â