Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

No idea what this is?

If you don’t know what Live FPL is, it’s a really good site people use to track their points and stuff (it shows what your points/rank will be after minuses, and bonus points and substitute points hours before the official FPL site does). It’s all ran by one guy called Ragabolly.

Anyway, Ragabolly has made a ‘virtual FPL’ for people to play during the international break, where he will simulate 4 prem gameweeks (there are no injuries or players out of favour like Aubemeyang), and the 4 gameweeks (all running over the space of the next week, I think) each have different rules.. so gameweek 1 is unlimited funds. One of the gameweeks is max 1 player from each prem squad. One gameweek is only players 6.5m and cheaper, things like that.

Sign up (it’s all free) and have a look, it’s just a cool mini game to play while the real football is off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

If you don’t know what Live FPL is, it’s a really good site people use to track their points and stuff (it shows what your points/rank will be after minuses, and bonus points and substitute points hours before the official FPL site does). It’s all ran by one guy called Ragabolly.

Anyway, Ragabolly has made a ‘virtual FPL’ for people to play during the international break, where he will simulate 4 prem gameweeks (there are no injuries or players out of favour like Aubemeyang), and the 4 gameweeks (all running over the space of the next week, I think) each have different rules.. so gameweek 1 is unlimited funds. One of the gameweeks is max 1 player from each prem squad. One gameweek is only players 6.5m and cheaper, things like that.

Sign up (it’s all free) and have a look, it’s just a cool mini game to play while the real football is off.

I use LiveFPL but it was the virtual gameweek bit whihh through me. So are the results of the matches just artificially created or randomised then and not based off actual games? 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I use LiveFPL but it was the virtual gameweek bit whihh through me. So are the results of the matches just artificially created or randomised then and not based off actual games? 

Randomised in a match generator type thing, based on stats/ form etc, I think I read on Twitter. You can watch the match generate too, like football manager. You can also run 5 friendlies to try to get an idea of who could play well etc. 

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

Big double gameweek 26 just announced. 

It looks tasty because there's lots of fixtures, but I think it's actually quite underwhelming. Lots of the fixtures aren't great. Liverpool the obvious exception, and Arsenal and Spurs look ok.

I still have both of my Free Hits so I'd like to take advantage of that on a big double, but the Liverpool fixtures stand out by a country mile, so I think the Salah TC is obvious. That obviously means a FH isn't possible.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It looks tasty because there's lots of fixtures, but I think it's actually quite underwhelming. Lots of the fixtures aren't great. Liverpool the obvious exception, and Arsenal and Spurs look ok.

I still have both of my Free Hits so I'd like to take advantage of that on a big double, but the Liverpool fixtures stand out by a country mile, so I think the Salah TC is obvious. That obviously means a FH isn't possible.

Salah has a cup final 4 days after Leeds so as much as he tends to play every game, that's a banana skin.  I'll probably wildcard in 28 and I'm looking good for 25 & 27 so I may even free hit 26 now. I'm currently not lokoing too hot for 26 and the transfers it would take would probably damage my other gameweeks.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've got 4 doublers as it stands, but that doesn't include Salah who I always planned to bring back next week anyway.

Need to do some thinking as to whether it's worth the FH

I've 6, but 3 of those are Watford and another is Reguilón at City.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Is Salah back for Liverpool's next league game?

The AFCON final is 4 days before their next league game, so I'd think so.

They're 9 points behind Man City. I can't see them being in a rush to rest anyone, especially considering Mane has already booked his place in the final. So if you rest one of them for being in the final, you kinda need to rest both

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Is Salah back for Liverpool's next league game?

Simply put, we don't know. If he wins tonight, he plays on Sunday 6th. Liverpool play on Thursday 10th home to Leicester. Will he be OK? Probably. Do they need him? I imagine he'll play some of the game beacuse Mané is in exactly the same boat and we know he's in the final and will play. So maybe Liverpool will manage both of their minutes' when they come back. I can't imagine Liverpool's 2 most explosive attacking assets will take a watching brief for the whole game while both are available.

If Salah doesn't win tonight then there's a chance they won't even use him on Saturday and he'll definitely be available for Thursday (you'd imagine).

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Cool, think I'll bring him in anyway.  Lukaku and Jota out, Salah and maybe Coutinho in.

Taking Jota out with that double for Liverpool on the horizon? That's brave

Â