Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Having a good week.

67 points all out. As long as Burnely don't go absolutely mental tomorrow night it should be a very good result.

I'm back up to 74k as it stands, which more than makes up for last week's disappointment. That will drop a bit with tomorrow's game but hoping it stays under the 80k mark

What are people's plans for using WC and FH going forwards? Think I've seen a few mention they'll use it imminently. 

To be honest I've lost track of the DGWs and blanks. 

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What are people's plans for using WC and FH going forwards? Think I've seen a few mention they'll use it imminently. 

To be honest I've lost track of the DGWs and blanks. 

28 and 29 are doubles. 30 is a big blank, even though it hasn't been announced yet. Basically whatever teams win in the FA cup this week, their fixture will blank in GW30. So Man City and Palace are already blanks, anyone else who wins tonight will have a blank in 30.

Also if Chelsea OR Norwich win tonight, their fixture against each other will move to GW28 and add to the double.

My plan is to WC in GW29. A lot of people are Wildcarding this week, but my team is too well set up for GW28 so I'm doing it next week.
Then I'm going to FH in GW30.
I'll then spend the next few weeks building to use my BB in the other big double gameweek which will be GW36 or 37.
I'll also have my second freehit to chuck in there at some point

• Thanks 1

Spurs and West Ham both losing this week makes GW30 a little less daunting for those who don't want to FH. Means their game will go ahead, meanwhile Southampton's fixture will blank instead.

Also Chelsea won so their game with Norwich will move to this week.

I'll be gambling on a couple of their players, probably Lukaku and Mount, before I wildcard next week

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Spurs and West Ham both losing this week makes GW30 a little less daunting for those who don't want to FH. Means their game will go ahead, meanwhile Southampton's fixture will blank instead.

Also Chelsea won so their game with Norwich will move to this week.

I'll be gambling on a couple of their players, probably Lukaku and Mount, before I wildcard next week

I was considering dumping Antonio and Bowen but will keep hold for now. 

Livramento was tempting but not yet with the blank. 

I'm gambling on James but am tempted by Havertz. 

34 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I was considering dumping Antonio and Bowen but will keep hold for now. 

Livramento was tempting but not yet with the blank. 

I'm gambling on James but am tempted by Havertz. 

Yeah James is my other consideration. Mount and James is more sensible than Lukaku, but there's something inside me that wants to gamble on Lukaku

He's terrible at the moment, and I don't think he'll even start both games. But I can't help it

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah James is my other consideration. Mount and James is more sensible than Lukaku, but there's something inside me that wants to gamble on Lukaku

He's terrible at the moment, and I don't think he'll even start both games. But I can't help it

Rudi is probably a safer option than James if using WC in the next few weeks but I think James might just pay off. 

I'm tempted by Lukaku but feel he's failed to deliver and that Havertz might start instead of him. 

Free hit team is actually annoying. I might have to go 4-5-1. Got a few in before price rises like Sa. Strikers are a real problem, Trent/Salah/Son EO concern me a bit so I was planning just to have them until that Chelsea game got moved but picking their players is difficult. Think I'll actually take Sa out for Mendy and then find another Wolves defender and bin Bednarek, I liked him paired with JWP though. Wolves are so nitty I could take Jimenez out and leave Broja on his own, games are Sat/Thur so less risk for rotation.

I could gamble and take Son and Trent out, if they hauled it would kill my free hit I think but if they brick I'd get a huge boost.

3accef4fe2aed40d28f52e300f2b9296.png

Had always planned to FH in 30 but think I can get to 11 players by only taking a -4, only big hitter I’ll be missing that weekend really would be Son as I don’t have the funds to get to him without relinquishing value on Salah.

That would leave me with WC, BB and FH for the run in so WC into a BB for the big double and then a random free hit to use if there’s another double.

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Rudi is probably a safer option than James if using WC in the next few weeks but I think James might just pay off. 

I'm tempted by Lukaku but feel he's failed to deliver and that Havertz might start instead of him. 

I'm gambling more because I'm wildcarding in 29 so can afford to be about riskier.

I think I'd be going for Rudiger if I was signing one permanently

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm gambling more because I'm wildcarding in 29 so can afford to be about riskier.

I think I'd be going for Rudiger if I was signing one permanently

I'd suggest Rudi is a safer short term bet as he's more likely to play all the next few games whilst James is working his way back to fitness. Long term James probably has more upside. 

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Just played my wildcard but I don't love my team at all. Haven't even really got a DGWer I fancy captaining

You've got about 18 hours to change it again. If you're anything like me you'll probably go through 6 or 7 different variations by then. 

Salah is a pretty solid shout without a DGW. 

I'm going to be brave a give it to Coutinho but I'm very tempted by James (if I had Rudiger he'd probably get the nod). 

20 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

You've got about 18 hours to change it again. If you're anything like me you'll probably go through 6 or 7 different variations by then. 

Salah is a pretty solid shout without a DGW. 

I'm going to be brave a give it to Coutinho but I'm very tempted by James (if I had Rudiger he'd probably get the nod). 

I played it early because I knew I was busy until after the deadline so luckily I couldn't torture myself with tinkering.

I didn't actually plan to play it this week but I've not really had time to plan my team ahead much recently and it was not set up at all for the next 3 GWs. Iirc I've gone James captain as well.

18 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I played it early because I knew I was busy until after the deadline so luckily I couldn't torture myself with tinkering.

I didn't actually plan to play it this week but I've not really had time to plan my team ahead much recently and it was not set up at all for the next 3 GWs. Iirc I've gone James captain as well.

Looks like quite a few of the major FPL accounts on twitter have done James captain too. Need to look at how popular a choice he was. Could be a interesting one as I think he'll start both this week then miss GW29. 

6 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Giving James the captain. Time of the season to go big. 

Bold. 

I’ve signed him but can’t see Tuchel starting him in both. Hope I’m wrong though!

Ive gone for the arguably safer option of Mount as captain

Resisted the urge to sign Lukaku

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Bold. 

I’ve signed him but can’t see Tuchel starting him in both. Hope I’m wrong though!

Ive gone for the arguably safer option of Mount as captain

Resisted the urge to sign Lukaku

He's the 3rd most backed captain in the top 10k with 18.7% after Rudi and Raphinha (a little surprised by that one).

I think he'll start these two games as there's a decent gap between them and Azpi missed training. I suspect he'll then miss next week. 

Coutinho is 5th most picked with 12% and I thought he'd be higher. Nice to see a solid spread and not just Salah (still 4th).

Â