Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

I see you still have all your chips like me. What's your current thinking on chip strategy? Or do you even have one yet :)

I sort of have one. I keep coming up with some, but all the postponements make things so volatile.

TC on Salah in GW26 is more or less nailed on. I would have free hitted that week instead but I don't think we'll get a better TC opportunity all season. Salah vs Norwich and Leeds can't be overlooked, even though I think his EO will be enormous so I doubt we'll see huge gains from it.

I'll be Wildcarding followed by a Bench Boost the week after in that big double we'll have at the end of the season.

So it's really just my Free Hits I need to figure out
GW30 is looking like it could be a huge blank gameweek. Usually I'd navigate it with transfers but having an extra Free Hit to most people makes it seem like a better idea. but I don't usually like using the FH on blanks as the ceiling for points is low.
The other FH I'll just choose a week where we get a load more doubles and use it there

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I sort of have one. I keep coming up with some, but all the postponements make things so volatile.

TC on Salah in GW26 is more or less nailed on. I would have free hitted that week instead but I don't think we'll get a better TC opportunity all season. Salah vs Norwich and Leeds can't be overlooked, even though I think his EO will be enormous so I doubt we'll see huge gains from it.

I'll be Wildcarding followed by a Bench Boost the week after in that big double we'll have at the end of the season.

So it's really just my Free Hits I need to figure out
GW30 is looking like it could be a huge blank gameweek. Usually I'd navigate it with transfers but having an extra Free Hit to most people makes it seem like a better idea. but I don't usually like using the FH on blanks as the ceiling for points is low.
The other FH I'll just choose a week where we get a load more doubles and use it there

You're holding your wildcard until 35 or 36? I prefer to get more value longer term from a wildcard squad.

My current thinking is TC 26, WC 28 (fixture swing), FH 30 (blanks), FH 33 (blanks), BB 36 (mahoosive double). The thinking behind bench boost in 36 is that the double week might be so big that practically everyone is doubling so you won't have to massively plan to get loads of them. You'll probably fall into them naturally. But hey, wel'l see what happens. I was contemplating TC Bruno in 25 home to Brighton and Southampton beacuse his EO won't be Salah high, and if Salah gets rested for Leeds with the EFL final 4 days later it could be an opportunity to gain. But I think I may just go with the flow.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

You're holding your wildcard until 35 or 36? I prefer to get more value longer term from a wildcard squad.

That's how I usually do it. Usually get some monster scores from the doubles because of this.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

My current thinking is TC 26, WC 28 (fixture swing), FH 30 (blanks), FH 33 (blanks), BB 36 (mahoosive double). The thinking behind bench boost in 36 is that the double week might be so big that practically everyone is doubling so you won't have to massively plan to get loads of them. You'll probably fall into them naturally. But hey, wel'l see what happens.

Yeah point taken. Some more info would be nice before I have to make any decisions on that. I am beginning to dislike my team though so Wk28 wildcard is very appealing to be fair. 
I haven't had as much time as usual to look into it and plan recently given my new arrival.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I was contemplating TC Bruno in 25 home to Brighton and Southampton beacuse his EO won't be Salah high, and if Salah gets rested for Leeds with the EFL final 4 days later it could be an opportunity to gain. But I think I may just go with the flow.

I have nowhere near enough confidence in Utd to do that. Even though I captained Bruno in the last double and gained massively from it.

I can't see Salah being rested to be honest

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

I see you still have all your chips like me. What's your current thinking on chip strategy? Or do you even have one yet :)

I believe gravy is okay as long as it doesn't get on the fish. 

:trollface:

• Haha 1

I've really lost interest currently. Just plodding along at this point with no thought or plan whatsoever. 

Just about remembered this past GW to make Trent my captain and that's it, might as well have not bothered. 

Ob51iWr.png

😒

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I've really lost interest currently. Just plodding along at this point with no thought or plan whatsoever. 

Just about remembered this past GW to make Trent my captain and that's it, might as well have not bothered. 

Ob51iWr.png

😒

You're not doing badly at all. A few good weeks and you'll be laughing. Navigate the next 5 well and you could jump massively.

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Ramsey in

I had Martinelli so happy for an excuse to **** him off. I think Ramsey will come in instead. 

I did want Coutinho but I think Ramsey might allow me to squeeze Son in for his double

Brought Salah in for KDB. Feels good. A few different reasons, none of which were major, but ultimately I'm marginally more confident in Salah not blanking.

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Jota out for 2 weeks. That's a few DGW plans in shreds. Think I'll grab Robbo instead somehow. 

Is this confirmed?

My plans were Salah, broja and Son in for Bruni DCL and Foden. But if Jota is confirmed injured then I'll get rid of him instead. Will probably do as you say and bring Robbo in instead, even if it'll cost me a -8. Cancelo may get sacrificed

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is this confirmed?

My plans were Salah, broja and Son in for Bruni DCL and Foden. But if Jota is confirmed injured then I'll get rid of him instead. Will probably do as you say and bring Robbo in instead, even if it'll cost me a -8. Cancelo may get sacrificed

Not officially confirmed but been said by some of the (supposedly) ITK twitter accounts. Fpl have him flagged yellow but that's it so far. Obviously, hold off on making any moves. 

If he's only out for 2 weeks, then he only misses the DGW (blank the next GW)...might have to stash him on the bench as he's now 1.0 in price greater than what I paid, so 0.5 loss to bring him back in...

1 hour ago, a-k said:

If he's only out for 2 weeks, then he only misses the DGW (blank the next GW)...might have to stash him on the bench as he's now 1.0 in price greater than what I paid, so 0.5 loss to bring him back in...

Miss double GW, blanks then back and likely on the bench for a 30 minute return, could then start in the CL 2nd leg and then be benched in the league again. I don't want to be on the end of that but I'd also lose 0.5m as well, he will drop in value over the next few weeks while he is out though. He blocks another Liverpool spot in the DGW if you keep him along with Salah and Trent, I think I have to get rid if I can get to Robbo. 

• Like 1

To Mané or to Robertson. That is the question. I can do either but the former probably means losing Bruno. The latter just gives me a ridiculous bench (because he'll take someone's starting slot).

Â