Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Had a great day in the end. Absolutely thrilled I didn’t Free Hit. 

Had Bruno captain, Cancelo hauled, Guaita not playing yesterday means i have Ederson off the bench with a clean sheet. 

Still 7 left to play and back inside the top 100k

I didn’t use my FH and it’s turned out to be a great decision. Didn’t think there was enough upside in the FH. 

I’m on 77 without my FH with 3 to play including my captain. 

Started the week thinking any sort of green arrow would be a good result but I’m now looking at a big jump. 

Chuffed

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn’t use my FH and it’s turned out to be a great decision. Didn’t think there was enough upside in the FH. 

I’m on 77 without my FH with 3 to play including my captain. 

Started the week thinking any sort of green arrow would be a good result but I’m now looking at a big jump. 

Chuffed

On the flip side of this, I used my free hit and have had an absolute shocker. Points for Cancelo, Bowen, Antonio all missed and went with captain Mount… currently on 25 points and a 30k red arrow to 64k. To add insult, I had Bruno on my penultimate FH draft but changed him for Greenwood so I could afford Kane (mistakenly thought the Premier League would insist on Arsenal playing)

• Like 2

Just now, chappy said:

On the flip side of this, I used my free hit and have had an absolute shocker. Points for Cancelo, Bowen, Antonio all missed and went with captain Mount… currently on 25 points and a 30k red arrow to 64k. To add insult, I had Bruno on my penultimate FH draft but changed him for Greenwood so I could afford Kane (mistakenly thought the Premier League would insist on Arsenal playing)

Pretty much the same for me. 

This season is feeling more and more like a complete roll of the dice and pure chance in guessing which fixtures actually happen. 

1 hour ago, chappy said:

The rumours of Ronaldo being out and the arsenal spurs game being off was what tipped me over the edge to not free hitting. 

The upside wasn’t huge anyway, but if Spurs and Ronaldo weren’t doubling then it really didn’t seem worth it

On 17/01/2022 at 17:09, chappy said:

Greenwood and Kane have just about salvaged it for me, lucky! Only a 1k red arrow in the end.

My best week of the season I think. Really pleased with the decision to not Free Hit. 

And the decision to captain Bruno has massively paid off. 

96 points and jumped from 152k to around 70k

Getting closer and closer to just giving up on this (not just this season but for good). Every week I get slammed by random cancellations or injuries from nowhere and lose half my squad. Can't plan at all and feel like it's pure chance at the moment. It's not the regular red arrows as that happens and my rank is still good (65k), it's that it's become tedious. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Getting closer and closer to just giving up on this (not just this season but for good). Every week I get slammed by random cancellations or injuries from nowhere and lose half my squad. Can't plan at all and feel like it's pure chance at the moment. It's not the regular red arrows as that happens and my rank is still good (65k), it's that it's become tedious. 

Just hang in there. I understand and agree with you. Just it might improve soon. You're still on for a cracking season.

• Thanks 1

Â