Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Thinking of holding off on any FH/WC and just using the triple captain on Salah in the double. Good point @BOF re. the league cup final but it’s hard to ignore the fixtures.

I plan to bring in Bruno for dgw25 and it’ll be a straight swap for Salah in 26 (going to risk not having him for Leicester). Will have 5/6 doublers and it won’t wreck my team too much ahead of bgw27

52 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Fair point.  I only brought him in Salah's absence though so he's more of a placeholder for him.

I'd be prioritising tripling up on LIverpool for that gameweek. Trent, Salah and one other, and Jota is the obvious choice even if the doesn't play 90 minutes.

LIverpool are the kind of team that will pick Leeds apart in their current state

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be prioritising tripling up on LIverpool for that gameweek. Trent, Salah and one other, and Jota is the obvious choice even if the doesn't play 90 minutes.

LIverpool are the kind of team that will pick Leeds apart in their current state

I've got Trent but yeah maybe I'll have a play around.  Getting Salah back in is priority though.

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

how much is salah going to play then? surely not the full 90?

This is the big question. Surely he can't play 90 after playing four 120 minute matches in 12 days. I'm comfortable not owning him anyway.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is the big question. Surely he can't play 90 after playing four 120 minute matches in 12 days. I'm comfortable not owning him anyway.

i own, but not going to captain i don't think

I've got on transfer to use (or roll). Plan was to bring Salah back in for Bruno but Salah possibly being rested is making me nervous. Although apparently Bruno has a knock too.

LEicester have the worst defence in the league over the last 6 (statistically). Not having Salah if he plays will be terrifying

I've got 1 FT too. Sat with KDB, jota and Foden and no Salah. My hope was that Salah would be rested, but think i'll roll the FT and get in Salah next week.
WIll have to cross my fingers that he blanks, but will indeed be terrifying.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've got on transfer to use (or roll). Plan was to bring Salah back in for Bruno but Salah possibly being rested is making me nervous. Although apparently Bruno has a knock too.

LEicester have the worst defence in the league over the last 6 (statistically). Not having Salah if he plays will be terrifying

Bruno was pictured training yesterday and he's a triple captain option next week. I plan on bringing him in until Salah in 26.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Bruno was pictured training yesterday and he's a triple captain option next week. I plan on bringing him in until Salah in 26.

Yeah I think I've talked myself round into keeping him and delaying the Salah in move until 26

But not owning Salah for Leicester and Burnley will be terrifying!

I wont be owning Salah for them either. Maddison/Bowen > Bruno for next week, then Bruno > Salah (TC).

I've gone for Son captain this week expecting to see a high ownership on the Jota captain but I have 4 players over 100% EO. Jota, Trent, Cancelo and Bowen, I have to hope 4 of my own players brick, what a shit format this game is.

12 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

I wont be owning Salah for them either. Maddison/Bowen > Bruno for next week, then Bruno > Salah (TC).

I've gone for Son captain this week expecting to see a high ownership on the Jota captain but I have 4 players over 100% EO. Jota, Trent, Cancelo and Bowen, I have to hope 4 of my own players brick, what a shit format this game is.

I hate the captain chip for this reason. You should never be in a situation where you don't want your players to do well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

i went cancelo captain. hoping not many others captained him

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I hate the captain chip for this reason. You should never be in a situation where you don't want your players to do well. 

Don't even start me on the vice captain chip.

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Agreed. If there was one part of FPL I could change it would be to remove captains.

Even Bowen last night, I was thrilled to see he'd scored, and then realised he was >100% EO so it cost me places.

10 of my last 12 arrows have been red. It looks like this one might be green, although I've only 2 left to play (Trent/Jota), and it seems many others still have around 5 or 6. KDB(c), Bowen, Ramsey was a nice little triple in midfield though.

Another shit week for me. Double City CS has saved me slightly. Bowen my only other player to return, and he was >100% EO so it actually hurt my rank.

Got Jota (c), Trent and Martinelli still to play so could salvage something yet

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Another shit week for me. Double City CS has saved me slightly. Bowen my only other player to return, and he was >100% EO so it actually hurt my rank.

Got Jota (c), Trent and Martinelli still to play so could salvage something yet

I see you still have all your chips like me. What's your current thinking on chip strategy? Or do you even have one yet :)

Â