Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Miss double GW, blanks then back and likely on the bench for a 30 minute return, could then start in the CL 2nd leg and then be benched in the league again. I don't want to be on the end of that but I'd also lose 0.5m as well, he will drop in value over the next few weeks while he is out though. He blocks another Liverpool spot in the DGW if you keep him along with Salah and Trent, I think I have to get rid if I can get to Robbo. 

Ah yes, they have the new winger as well, so wouldn't need to be rushed back. Will wait and hear what Klopp has to say.

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Ah yes, they have the new winger as well, so wouldn't need to be rushed back. Will wait and hear what Klopp has to say.

Good two games for them to blood him into the league and get properly up and running. 

37 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Price drop on Jota was kind. Pictures of him wearing a full ankle boot and crutches on twitter. I doubt he'll play this GW. 

Yep I sold him based on this. Had the money to go straight to salah and keep Bruno.

But will do Bruno to Son later

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep I sold him based on this. Had the money to go straight to salah and keep Bruno.

But will do Bruno to Son later

Bruno to Son seems a popular move but I'm not sure I see the appeal. Bruno has nice fixtures for the next 2 weeks with Leeds and Watford. Yes, Son has a DGW but that includes City away and Spurs aren't in good form (although signs suggest Kane might come good soon). 

I'm thinking a - 4 to swap Jota for a Arsenal MF (sit on my bench next week) and either Digne or Coufal for Robbo. Can't stretch to Saka so probably Odegaard but maybe ESR. 

Edited by Rds1983

Have ended up taking a -12, decided it might not be the worst week to do it as plenty of others will be taking some hits.

Bruno-Salah

Ronaldo-Kane

DDG-Ramsdale

Gray-Cornet

The last two weren’t really necessary but backing Ramsdale to get at least one clean sheet this DGW and has better fixtures for the rest of the season and I panicked about us having a shocker tomorrow and me being left with Phil/JJ/Watkins 2/2/2 so brought in Cornet for the double double and benched Ramsey. As it stands Watkins may not play anyway, could do with shifting him given his form but not many great options, maybe Jimenez. Don’t fancy a -16 though!

15 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Bruno to Son seems a popular move but I'm not sure I see the appeal. Bruno has nice fixtures for the next 2 weeks with Leeds and Watford. Yes, Son has a DGW but that includes City away and Spurs aren't in good form (although signs suggest Kane might come good soon). 

Bruno just isn't the same player with ROnaldo in the team. He plays far too deep to be a regular attacking threat imo. I know he scored last week (thank god!) but I just don't think he justifies his price. I'm happy to get rid

(and really it's Bruno for Salah, and Son for Jota. I just did the transfers in a different order :D )

Edited by Stevo985

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Bruno just isn't the same player with ROnaldo in the team. He plays far too deep to be a regular attacking threat imo. I know he scored last week (thank god!) but I just don't think he justifies his price. I'm happy to get rid

(and really it's Bruno for Salah, and Son for Jota. I just did the transfers in a different order :D )

He's not what he is and is very expensive but he's averaged 6.5 ppg from the last 6 matches and is now playing Leeds dodgy back line in a fixture Utd usually do well in. 

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He's not what he is and is very expensive but he's averaged 6.5 ppg from the last 6 matches and is now playing Leeds dodgy back line in a fixture Utd usually do well in. 

Yeah it's tempting. But I always wanted him out long term so I don't think I'll be swayed. Son in is the plan and then drop him down so I can afford Lukaku for Chelsea's run 

I've taken a - 8 in the end. Kept Bruno (have a feeling Ronnie might be rested after 2 starts and the Champs League game), gone Salah, TAA and VVD instead of Robbo (suspect Tsimikas might get some minutes). Ditched Watkins so I could have Coutinho and set myself up for Broja as an enabler with a good run. Was very tempted by Worghurst for the double double but it meant taking a - 12 to get the funds and I had decent depth already. 

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Very interesting. 

Ideally I’d Free Hit in 29 and 30 but you can’t back to back free hit 😔

You'll probably want to free hit 33

• Like 1

Was heading out as the DGWs were announced and got home to see FPL Twitter in a meltdown over whether to wildcard or not. I’m sticking with my original plan. Wildcard is tempting having taken a -12 (which probably negates any Salah TC points I’ll earn anyway) but would rather keep it for a final push later in the season.

58 minutes ago, chappy said:

Was heading out as the DGWs were announced and got home to see FPL Twitter in a meltdown over whether to wildcard or not. I’m sticking with my original plan. Wildcard is tempting having taken a -12 (which probably negates any Salah TC points I’ll earn anyway) but would rather keep it for a final push later in the season.

I'm going to wait on the WC too and just swallow the - 8. I'm pretty well set for the 28 doubles with 3 Villa plus Broja and Dennis already. I can use FT and mini hits to improve that and get more than just 3 Liverpool and Ramsdale for 29. 

Several teams still have 2 fixtures to rearrange so saving the WC for a big final push to try and take advantage of that seems sensible to me. 

• Like 1

Â