Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

I absolutely hate this. I foolishly thought we'd have a relatively normal season again this season. But once again Covid is **** over anyone who dared to have a plan for the next few weeks.

I'd got off pretty much scott free until now. But Utd being involved **** up having Ronaldo which was the backbone of my plans for the past few weeks.

Probably going to ditch him for Antonio and bring Foden in for Raphinha (which I was going to do anyway)

More random elements added but it levels it out a bit for me having just had Toney and triple Brighton missing. It is what it is, get deep benches and maybe don't triple up on any team is good advice*.

Funny seeing people cry on Twitter about it saying they want to give up the game and asking for COVID transfers. Some really do take this way too seriously.

*Having just listened to my own advice there's a GW in 4 weeks time that has Chelsea v Brighton and Pool v Leicester. I have Triple Brighton, Chelsea, Pool and 2x Leicester. I better get planning 😆

29 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

More random elements added but it levels it out a bit for me having just had Toney and triple Brighton missing. It is what it is, get deep benches and maybe don't triple up on any team is good advice*.

It’s certainly more random this year and issues are coming thick and fast. Tripling up is a risk but not doing so is no guarantee either. I have 6 players out from 6 different teams this week. 

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably going to ditch him for Antonio and bring Foden in for Raphinha (which I was going to do anyway)

I was planning to swap Vardy for Antonio but really not sure now. Arsenal's defence is doing fantastically (Ramsdale has better PPM than Martinez did last season) and there's a chance Vardy (if he plays) could do very well against a covid hit Spurs. 

Thinking 2 FTs might be very handy next week. 

I think the relatively recent possibility of COVID postponements will shift me from having merely a playing bench to having a relatively strong bench. It will mean shifting funds to do that though and even that might bite me in the arse. It's the unpredictability of even being able to make a plan for it that I guess is annoying. I think we need a safety car.

• Like 2

I have half a mind to bring in Ollie for Ronaldo for teh lulz. I won't of course. But I expect he might do well, and if United are off again I get Burnley. I think I'll adopt the ostrich approach to management this week though and hope the inevitable kick in the plums isn't too disastrous.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I have half a mind to bring in Ollie for Ronaldo for teh lulz. I won't of course. But I expect he might do well, and if United are off again I get Burnley. I think I'll adopt the ostrich approach to management this week though and hope the inevitable kick in the plums isn't too disastrous.

This crossed my mind too given our fixtures.

I really don't know what to do. I think I might bring in Jesus for Ronny as a massive punt and just get Ronny back in 2 gameweeks.

Probably a waste of transfers but that's where we are

I've decided to roll the dice on Vardy and wait on bringing Antonio in for a week. 

I did ditch Johnson for Cash though as we have great fixtures coming up and Dalot is an adequate cheap defence enabler. Just hoping he's not one of the ones who has covid. 

I got 1 from Bilva and decided against Watkins who got 12. Townsend 12th hour foot injury means I even miss his 1 pointer at Stamford Bridge. My rank has now plummeted after 2 games 👍

5 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Apologies to everyone who was riding the Bilva wave. I jumped on and immediately crashed it. At least I also got Watkins to soften the blow 

See, I was blaming myself for breaking Bilva.

I did also have Ollie though 😎

Foden and Watkins in at the last minute last night for a -4, paid off very nicely.

Somehow coming through this Covid period in a strong position... but there's plenty of time for that to change yet.

Antonio now coming in for King with the Watford game postponed.

Â