Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Foden and Watkins in at the last minute last night for a -4, paid off very nicely.

Somehow coming through this Covid period in a strong position... but there's plenty of time for that to change yet.

Antonio now coming in for King with the Watford game postponed.

Bloody hell, Antonio on the bench is some serious squad depth especially considering the are postponements. I was pleased I was getting Billy Gilmour's 2 points.

8 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Bloody hell, Antonio on the bench is some serious squad depth especially considering the are postponements. I was pleased I was getting Billy Gilmour's 2 points.

Just be glad that you've got an active bench. I'd love to get 2 points from Gilmour off mine this week but I've only got 9 players. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The irony of me avoiding the covid chaos so well that I had a full squad of players meaning I won't get Broja's 12 point haul off the bench is very very deep

That is brutal. You never know though, another game could still get cancelled 2 hours before kick off

I've been pretty wary of taking hits this season, I took way too many last season.

But I would recommend taking them at this point in the season.

Last week I took a -8 which allowed me to remove 3 players who totalled 1 point (2 cancellations and a flagged Foden), and gained 12 points off the back of it (unfortunately brought in Gallagher and left him on the bench with 15 points). But it lined me up ready for the midweeks.

This week I took a -4 which allowed me to remove 2 players with cancellations, and gained 24 points off the back of it.

That gain of 36 points has paid back the -12 points easily and set me up for a push up the rankings, now sat at 15k

The problem we now have though is last minute cancellations of games after the deadlines.

3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

That is brutal. You never know though, another game could still get cancelled 2 hours before kick off

The only way I can get him is if Salah or Jota don't play. Which is unlikely.

It's very possible one of them will be rested, but I'd expect them to come on at some point.

Salah not playing would be incredible. Foden is my VC and I'd get Broja off the bench

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Weak Twitter rmours of COVID in the Liverpool camp. If that's off it will be the lowest scoring GW ever

Really hope not. I'm on 16 points from 4 players and only have James and triple Liverpool left. 

Â