Soft drinks

Xela

On 11/04/2023 at 17:47, bickster said:

Yep, tried it last week, certainly a shock to the system. By my reckoning, blueberry and vanilla, it certainly shouts down your mouth

we tried a bottle of this last night 

weird sorta aftertaste , reminded me of yogurt for some reason .. but presumably this drink isn't Strawberry yogurt flavour so I'm going with Strawberries and cream 

( I think the purple is a ermm purple herring )

Edited by tonyh29

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

weird sorta aftertaste , reminded me of yogurt for some reason .. but presumably this drink isn't Strawberry yogurt flavour so I'm going with Strawberries and cream 

Nah definitely blueberry I reckon, it's a stronger flavour than strawberry, I'd have said blackberry / blackcurrant but thought it was probably blueberry because that's a currently on-trend flavour

Odd thing is I can still imagine that taste over three weeks later

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nah definitely blueberry I reckon, it's a stronger flavour than strawberry, I'd have said blackberry / blackcurrant but thought it was probably blueberry because that's a currently on-trend flavour

tbf my experience with blueberry would be limited to the blue ones in a packet of jelly beans so I don't have a  benchmark for that :) 

(that said my knowledge of strawberry isn't exactly extensive either  , mainly consists of those strawberry cream chocolates left in the box of Cadburys Diary milk that everyone hates )

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

my knowledge of strawberry isn't exactly extensive either  , mainly consists of those strawberry cream chocolates left in the box of Cadburys Diary milk that everyone hates )

Just so you know... tastes nothing like actual strawberry :D 

I don't really eat blueberries, i just moan at the price of the sheep shit resembling fruit as it enters the shopping trolley

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Finished off the rest of it tonight … was thinking of those rhubarb and custard hard boiled sweets as I tasted it … so might change my mind and go for that 

They better announce the result soon or it’s gonna bug me for ages 

Told you this was bugging me …

so if you look at Haribo rhubarb and custard sweets , in amongst the flavouring you’ll see 

flavourings, fruit and plant concentrates: safflower, lemon, sweet potato, apple, blackcurrant, radish

the purple Fanta shares quite a few of the flavourings , so I’m gonna double down on rhubarb and custard … 

On 12/04/2023 at 12:16, tonyh29 said:

Fruit and Vegetable Concentrates (Sweet Potato, Apple, Radish, Cherry),

I read online yesterday that "Fanta is a poor man's Tango". But for me they're both a poor man's Orangina. My guess is that Orangina has less added sugar? And maybe less chemicals? For me it tastes less sweet and less artificial/more natural than Fanta or Tango.

10 minutes ago, robby b said:

I read online yesterday that "Fanta is a poor man's Tango". But for me they're both a poor man's Orangina. My guess is that Orangina has less added sugar? And maybe less chemicals? For me it tastes less sweet and less artificial/more natural than Fanta or Tango.

orangina is ace...i remember they were giving out free samples of sugar free orangina at waterloo station years ago but never seen them in shops

i got some sugar free tango apple last week and christ that stuff tastes sweet. really not keen anymore

• Like 1

On 16/04/2023 at 20:28, TreeVillan said:

I like the sound of those

The Tango paradise punch is lovely! Orange, mango and other tropical stuff. Mango is the main taste though. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Burger King Germany doing coke floats for their summer menu, been a while since I've had one so will have to give that a go

Be careful. I had one in McDonald's a couple of weeks ago, and when I stuck my straw in to it, the whole think pretty much exploded in a coke fountain. I'm not entirely sure why, it's not as if I really punched it in, the ice cream seemed to have created some built up pressure that got released. What was left tasted good, even with the cleaner giving me evil looks as I enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

On 16/04/2023 at 20:28, TreeVillan said:

I like the sound of those

Fantastic Watermelon is horrid. It's like they set out to make water taste worse.

Tried ice cream Irn Bru last night. Very nice, actually.

• 1 month later...
On 21/04/2023 at 15:14, tonyh29 said:

So turns out the mystery Fanta flavour was …

Strawberry cheesecake 

so I was pretty close for somebody that doesn’t actually know what a real strawberry tastes like :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Xela said:

Picked up some Pepsi Max Mango from Sainsburys earlier. First time i've seen it on sale. 

I'm sure @tonyh29 has probably tested it at some point ;) 

Yeah was back end of 2022 , thought they would have launched much earlier tbh

there was also a Pineapple & Mint flavour that tested well but they don’t appear to be launching it in the U.K. ( I’ve seen it in Hungary ) 

• Like 1

Â