England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

Just now, Xela said:

Didn't he then bring a right back on to replace a left back? 

Sorry Gareth, I liked you as a player, but you are shit. 

One RB got injured meaning that he then had to protect his other RBs

Imagine if trippier started and got injured, he's only have 2 left 

And I seriously believe that's his mindset... 

I guess we're just not used to it, but it's pretty difficult hearing morons on radio phone-ins rubbish our players' ability with stupidity such as: "I'm not having him", and "If that was a foreigner diving all over the pitch what would we say."

Just now, villan-scott said:

@villalad21 what did you make of DCL tonight? Watkins did more in 10 mins than DCL served up in 80 mins. His all round game is just not good enough IMO. 

Bit of Villa bias that. DCL was okay had chances, bit of a pest. so not sure Watkins did more in 10 minutes.

35 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The bottom line is that it should stop when the players want to stop doing it. If they think that's the start of next season, fine. If that's never - also fine. 

But I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb that for the likes of Mings and Rashford, "we should stop our anti-racism gesture because the racists don't like it" is likely to be where their thinking is on the matter. 

I'd also guess that it's unlikely that the FA or the Premier League will tell them they have to stop because they are upsetting racist people. That's press that they probably don't want to inconvenience themselves with. 

So ultimately - yes. Carry on and listen to the boos. And nod with satisfaction when the first boo-er is thrown down the steps of the Holte. And again when the second one is. 

I think assuming the boos are from racists is off the mark in many cases. 

I think if it was decided to have a minutes silence before every game to remember those who died in the world wars would also wear thin after a short while. Those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy today’s freedom could be honoured before every game. It’s an incredibly worthy thing to commemorate, the same as highlighting racial injustice. 

I know the knee is only 10 seconds or so but I think for some people in the ground it’s the same, let’s just start the game as normal.

Its not saying racism is ok. 
They shouldn’t boo it though.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Bit of Villa bias that. DCL was okay had chances, bit of a pest. so not sure Watkins did more in 10 minutes.

Maybe so, but you could take Watkins out and replace it with Wilson, Abraham or Ings. All would be more effective IMO. I just don’t rate him at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, villan-scott said:

Maybe so, but you could take Watkins out and replace it with Wilson, Abraham or Ings. All would be more effective IMO. I just don’t rate him at all. 

Hes great in the air. Thats a different type of threat to what other strikers offer. unlucky not to score today. 

9 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

@villalad21 what did you make of DCL tonight? Watkins did more in 10 mins than DCL served up in 80 mins. His all round game is just not good enough IMO. 

If DCL missed on that sitter Watkins wasted you'd be hammering him.

Think you're a bit villa biased tbh.

Thought DCL had a perfectly fine game and was unlucky not to score

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hes great in the air. Thats a different type of threat to what other strikers offer. unlucky not to score today. 

I think that’s mainly why he’s in. We’re blessed with a lot of skilful, tricky forwards. DCL offers a threat in the air that we have less of. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

If DCL missed on that sitter Watkins wasted you'd be hammering him.

Think you're a bit villa biased tbh.

Thought DCL had a perfectly fine game and was unlucky not to score

Agreed Watkins should have done better with his chance, but DCL did also miss a good chance from the JWP free kick in the first half.

As I said above, I’d say that Ings, Abraham or Wilson would be a better pick than DCL. 

I’ll try and remain objective next time I’m watching DCL, but I just find he frustrates me with movement and hold up play and first touch. 

• Like 1

I thought DCL was pretty poor, but he wasnt alone. With Ollie I didnt see the point in bringing him on. If he was competing for the last slot then start him, if he isnt then play someone who is or leave on DCL so he can get the minutes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think that’s mainly why he’s in. We’re blessed with a lot of skilful, tricky forwards. DCL offers a threat in the air that we have less of. 

Yes Kane doesnt score many headed goals we have runners like Rashford and Sterling. DCL scored 16 Premier League goals in a pretty defensive minded Everton team so deserves his place in the squad. 

• Like 1

Â