Children's Television

sidcow

I watched an epsisode of Tottie: The Story of a Doll's House recently and quite enjoyed it I'd like to see if the other episodes are as good, it was created by Oliver Postgate so I'm surprised it's not more well known. I like the old stop animation series from the sixties and seventies, something quiet and peaceful about them.

Edited by useless

30 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Bluey is by far the best kids TV show.

Our grandchildren do like Bluey. It has a certain something (shares with Peppa, Duggee and Pingu the humour that only adults will get), but I'm not totally sold on it. 

You want bad, and I mean really bad, I give you Cocomelon. 

• Like 2

Yeah as a general rule of thumb, if my daughter likes the show, I like the show. Bluey entertains her on occasion so I like it for that.

She’s kinda moved onto the older kids stuff now, “Teen Titans Go” and the like. I quite like it as it happens, loads of jokes and references that will go above the kids heads. 

4 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Blippi.

Blippi_About_600x600@2x.jpg.02ba8dcbec4edc783181300679f2ed2a.jpg

An absolute bollock of a man. Just look at him ffs!

Never heard of him until now. Seems to be an American equivalent to Justin Fletcher (Mister Tumble). 

Definite firing squad fodder. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Our grandchildren do like Bluey. It has a certain something (shares with Peppa, Duggee and Pingu the humour that only adults will get), but I'm not totally sold on it. 

You want bad, and I mean really bad, I give you Cocomelon. 

Oh good Lord, my son is finally coming out of his Cocomelon faze. Thank f**k

The synthesized instruments are just nauseating.

Trash Truck is quite good - 2 seasons on Netflix. The kid is friends with a Trash Truck, a Bear and a Racoon, so, like, completely plausible. Yeah the Trash Truck somehow gets in the house and goes upstairs for a sleepover. 🤦‍♂️ 

Rather disappointing to learn that this Christmas's Julia Donaldson TV adaptation is going to be Superworm, as I think the book is very much one of her poorer efforts. I was hoping for Tabby McTat. 

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Rather disappointing to learn that this Christmas's Julia Donaldson TV adaptation is going to be Superworm, as I think the book is very much one of her poorer efforts. I was hoping for Tabby McTat. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Write to Barry!

Oh shoot he died in 2002.

54 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Tabby McTat is great, I read that to my daughter all the time. The Cbeebies Superworm reading by James McAvoy is amazing though, I hope he's involved in the Christmas adaption. My little girl tells me not to read that as James' reading is better 🙃

1 minute ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Tabby McTat is great, I read that to my daughter all the time. The Cbeebies Superworm reading by James McAvoy is amazing though, I hope he's involved in the Christmas adaption. My little girl tells me not to read that as James' reading is better 🙃

I do find myself adopting the voice of Rob Bryden when reading them The Highway Rat, Simon Pegg for Room on the Broom and Lenny Henry for Zog. However, my Gruffalo voice is not Robbie Coltrane, but more like a Bob Hoskyns cockney geezer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been babysitting one of my little cousin's lately and she is obsessed with watching Peppa Pig and cries and gets angry if I don't watch it with her.

Keeps her entertained is the main thing I guess....but I personally would love to punch whoever created it right in the face. The most annoying chidlren's show I've ever watched. I'm just thankful that the show's when I was a child were way better than they are now.

Â