Children's Television

sidcow

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My first gig was the Animal Kwackers at Oakengates Theatre in the very early 70s. I loved their tv programme. 
I also loved a show called Ski Boy but I may have made that up as a child. 
Growing up I was a Magpie viewer over Blue Peter purely because they seemed more down with the kids. Same with Tiswas over MCSS. 
I loved those sunday Tea Time family dramas, Five Children and It, Phoenix and the Carpet, Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. 

I've got a dvd of the old series of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.  Got is free with something,  Can't remember what. 

It was that usual cheap budget production of that time but I did enjoy watching it again nevertheless. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Growing up I was a Magpie viewer over Blue Peter purely because they seemed more down with the kids

I think I was a weird kid in that I was pretty snobby about BBC being superior to ITV (only two channels at the time). Some of my friends watched Magpie, but I would have no truck with it, Blue Peter only. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My daughter and her 15 month old  absolutely love The Wiggles, and recommended it to us. Ghastly, never again. 

God no, The Wiggles were a horror show.  Very much a kids show that doesn't translate at all well to adults, probably because it's so "musically" based. 

Frankly on a forum where The Vaccines are slated, The Wiggles would be seen as absolute blasphemy.  I think @bickster should be forced to listen to them for a couple of hours, would probably drive him quite literally insane 😂😂😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Shocked 1

I'm glad that no one on here has recommended Blippi. I'd happily go to the worst prison in South America for what I'd like to do to him.

My son loves him after the YouTube algorithm auto-played him after some Hey Dugee. Jesus wept.

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

@sidcow & @Xela

must both be within a year or two of my age.

Add Duck Tales, Chip 'n' Dale and Talespin into the list as well! :D 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I think I was a weird kid in that I was pretty snobby about BBC being superior to ITV (only two channels at the time). Some of my friends watched Magpie, but I would have no truck with it, Blue Peter only. 

Same. I never watched ITV stuff growing up. Couldn't be doing with the commercial breaks. 

• Like 1

Not entirely sure of this is the right place to ask but feels appropriate. 

The brother in law has given our little one a load of old toys including some He-man ones from the 80s. One of them is a dude with a blue masked helmet on that then slides open to reveal a green face. I've got no idea who it is and would appreciate if anyone has any ideas. 

Can't figure out how to compress a photo to upload a pic, sorry. 

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The brother in law has given our little one a load of old toys including some He-man ones from the 80s. One of them is a dude with a blue masked helmet on that then slides open to reveal a green face. I've got no idea who it is and would appreciate if anyone has any ideas. 

Could be Man E-Faces?

I’m still scarred by the fact that I stupidly sold many to a mate for a few quid when I was still young! Never thought about anything being collectible back then. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Assuming its an original MOTU toy, it'll be on here:

https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toycollection.php?id=1

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Could be Man E-Faces?

That's what I thought at first. Or Trap Jaw as he has a green face. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Photo compress app is your friend. 

I use it a lot since I've lost the ability to link picture addresses. 

Simple and quick to use. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Photo compress app is your friend. 

I use it a lot since I've lost the ability to link picture addresses. 

Simple and quick to use. 

Which one do you use? I looked at a few and they wanted rights to my pics etc so wasn't impressed. 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Which one do you use? I looked at a few and they wanted rights to my pics etc so wasn't impressed. 

It's called photo compress 2.0 from saawan apps. I don't know anything about rights to pics on it though. 

Edited by sidcow

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/05/2021 at 10:15, mjmooney said:

Then you missed The Spencer Davis Group, minus Steve Winwood but including Eddie Hardin, playing the theme song.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

018-CA98-A-9369-4751-B97-D-37-A13-BD719-

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886sz6qhvvhm25phwcf8z

My 6 year old son will still happily watch Hey Duggee! episodes. I’d say he was too old for it, but I kind of love that show myself. I guess I’ve earned he Unlocking your inner child badge. 

I do wish he’d move on from Mickey Mouse ****ing clubhouse, though. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Haha 1

Â