Seb Revan

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

43 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

How is he doing tonight? Mad that he is now playing European football when he struggled to make an impact at Grimsby last year.

In fairness an hour coaching under Unai is probably better than 6 months under the Grimsby manager

• Haha 1

I thought he played ok, seemed nervous 1v1 but there were opportunities for him to get in behind and he seemed to hesitate, so was a yard or too back after McGinn played him in a few times. 

I like him, there’s potential there I think

5 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Pretty much this. Did not show anything dynamic or 1v1 abilities to make me think he will be on the fringes of the first team in the near future.

I don't think he's like an overlapping full bakc tbh. He looks very comfortable passing and recycling the ball, sort of an inverted full back in the zinchenko mode. 

13 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Pretty much this. Did not show anything dynamic or 1v1 abilities to make me think he will be on the fringes of the first team in the near future.

And will eventually be sold 

Definitely nervous - in contrast to Kellyman -  but stuck at it and did grow into it. Worth keeping in the squad for cup games and back up and then maybe a loan in Jan?

14 minutes ago, burchy said:

I thought he played ok, seemed nervous 1v1 but there were opportunities for him to get in behind and he seemed to hesitate, so was a yard or too back after McGinn played him in a few times. 

I like him, there’s potential there I think

Said in the match thread I thought it was interesting that he was very different to moreno and digne

Moreno drives to the line and looks to cut it back, Digne crosses and crosses, revan looked like he was pushing the fullback deeper and then looking to lay it off to a midfielder with a simple 5 yard pass

Would have liked him to be a bit more aggressive but it looked like he was under instruction and he followed it, played well and did his bit, definitely didn't look out of place

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He is a left back though making his debut, he should not be rampaging up the pitch while getting used to things

I bet he is a better defensive full back than Alexander Arnold for example

He played with an assurance that belied his years. No need to second guess this manager. He knows potential when it's there and I have no fears that this lad will make it as a first team player. I like the willingness and discipline on show. Never easy to make your debut at VP and not be overwhelmed. I've seen it happen to better prospects than this young lad. That fearlessness won't go unmissed by this manager. 

Revan, he won’t make it her unfortunately, had acres of space on multiple occasions and was far too conservative.

If we can get a couple of mil for him like Keinan I think it would do him the world of good to get a permanent transfer in a team where he will develop properly 

Think the reason he saw time in pre-season and last night was that he seems to be very disciplined and was in the right position every time. No misplaced passes, no sloppy giveaways. It’s been just friendlies and Hibs, but he’s been steady every time he gets on. 

Not surprised by the interest from Rotherham. 

One of our U21s coaches, Dan Green left us to become first team coach there this season so will know Seb Revan very well. 

Hopefully another good loan opportunity for one of our prospects.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Â