Seb Revan

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Bit miffed Wrexham didn't get him given our new pull and a good manager in Phil Parkinson, although we have a good promising left back now. 

Grimsby have just re-signed Shaun Pearson from Wrexham. He's a great lad, a proper leader at the back and someone who Seb will learn a lot from in terms of communication and putting your body on the line. He plays as LCB albeit right footed so should line up next to him. 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2021 at 14:48, useless said:

Grimsby are managed by Paul Hurst who would have been at Shrewsbury at the same time as our Head Of Emerging Talent & Loans Adam Henshall, so I imagine that's played some part in him going there.

Love the detail you provide on things like this. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, CVByrne said:

No, it's because Young is temporary cover for this position and not a longer term solution. So we need a new left back and when we sign players we aim to sign better than we have to create competition. 

So we have Kessler coming up in Right Back, nobody that level coming up in left back. So I see Guilbert being moved on, Young extending maybe for 1 more year to cover both full back positions and for his experience. Kessler competing with Cash and a new left back signing taking Targett's place at left back and competing with him.

So Seb Revan, who is our academy left back and currently out on loan doesn't exist? Or you just don't think he has potential?

Edited by Monkeypuzzle

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

So Seb Revan, who is our academy left back and currently out on loan doesn't exist? Or you just don't think he has potential?

I just don't think he has potential to be better better than Targett or push him in a meaningful way in next season or two. Where Kessler has potential to be top class and I kind of expect him to take Cash's place within two years. That searing pace from full back is exciting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I just don't think he has potential to be better better than Targett or push him in a meaningful way in next season or two. Where Kessler has potential to be top class and I kind of expect him to take Cash's place within two years. That searing pace from full back is exciting. 

Agree on this. Kessler is a very good player and while Revan is physically stronger, I can’t see him making it at the top level. Kessler reminds me of Aarons

• Like 1

Revan is almost a full year younger than KKH, might not have the electric pace that he has but has looked a very classy footballer any time I have seen him. Has played well in pre season for Grimsby by all accounts so hopefully he progresses well with a full season of adult football behind him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Revan is almost a full year younger than KKH, might not have the electric pace that he has but has looked a very classy footballer any time I have seen him. Has played well in pre season for Grimsby by all accounts so hopefully he progresses well with a full season of adult football behind him.

I see us signing a top class left back and Targett being bumped to back up or improving to a level where he keeps his place. It's then on Revan to push in amongst those, possibly ahead of Targett who is sold in summer of 2023. 

We need to look at all our positions in the squad and always look to improve them to improve us as a team

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

to be fair Cash is super fast, although i think he seems to play within himself going forward, Cash seems to race up the wing then its like he hits an invisible wall and he stops.....and passes backwards, sideways or something.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair Cash is super fast, although i think he seems to play within himself going forward, Cash seems to race up the wing then its like he hits an invisible wall and he stops.....and passes backwards, sideways or something.

Or to Young for a goal ;)

• 1 month later...
Â