Seb Revan

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

• 2 months later...

Seb Revan has returned to Aston Villa following a loan spell at Grimsby Town.

The 18-year-old joined the Mariners in July and contributed to their National League campaign, leaving them in tenth.

Revan hit the headlines in October when he netted a brace in a televised FA Cup First Round tie against Bromsgrove Sporting.

avfc

• Thanks 1

I'm a Yardley exile living in Hereford and it's always nice when one of our lads comes out to play here. Nice comments and feedback from Josh Gowling (Hereford Manager) below (source: Hereford Times). Good luck Seb! I hope we maintain this relationship with Hereford FC with regularity. 

HEREFORD FC have signed teenage Aston Villa defender Seb Revan on loan.

The 18-year-old left-back was previously on loan at Grimsby Town but recalled by Aston Villa.

The FA Youth Cup winner also scored twice for Grimsby in their FA Cup tie against Bromsgrove Sporting.

Gowling said that Aston Villa had done the Bulls a favour by loaning them the defender.

"Fortunately I know the head of recruitment at Aston Villa," said Gowling.

"He has done me a massive favour. Obviously Villa have got the funds that they have got.

"We're lucky that we've got friends who have enabled us to bring players in.

"He's a left-back who likes to get forward and has got a good delivery and part of their youth set-up.

"We had Callum Rowe in last year from them and we did a similar deal with them.

"They're good that they want to get players out to play games and it's not really about finances but the opportunity to play football.

"We've got a good relationship with Aston Villa and it helps where we train in Birmingham because it enables us to get players from Birmingham."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

I'm a Yardley exile living in Hereford and it's always nice when one of our lads comes out to play here. Nice comments and feedback from Josh Gowling (Hereford Manager) below (source: Hereford Times). Good luck Seb! I hope we maintain this relationship with Hereford FC with regularity. 

HEREFORD FC have signed teenage Aston Villa defender Seb Revan on loan.

The 18-year-old left-back was previously on loan at Grimsby Town but recalled by Aston Villa.

The FA Youth Cup winner also scored twice for Grimsby in their FA Cup tie against Bromsgrove Sporting.

Gowling said that Aston Villa had done the Bulls a favour by loaning them the defender.

"Fortunately I know the head of recruitment at Aston Villa," said Gowling.

"He has done me a massive favour. Obviously Villa have got the funds that they have got.

"We're lucky that we've got friends who have enabled us to bring players in.

"He's a left-back who likes to get forward and has got a good delivery and part of their youth set-up.

"We had Callum Rowe in last year from them and we did a similar deal with them.

"They're good that they want to get players out to play games and it's not really about finances but the opportunity to play football.

"We've got a good relationship with Aston Villa and it helps where we train in Birmingham because it enables us to get players from Birmingham."

Don’t they train at Warwick University? 

On 15/01/2022 at 16:30, gwi1890 said:

Don’t they train at Warwick University? 

Yes mate that's correct. I just looked up how Seb did, having been thrust straight in, they lost 0-2 at home to Gateshead. We shall see. Good luck Seb!

Edit - didnt see post from Useless, above, cheers bud! Listening now.

1 training session, thrust in, first game Man Of The Match - good deal all round for both clubs, and as he says, it is a Men's League, onwards with that apprenticeshp lad.

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 3

• 8 months later...

Presumably he's been mixed up with his older brother Dominic Revan who was released in the summer and has since signed for Barnet, but Seb is still with us and was part of the first team squad yesterday along with Feeney and Bogarde, albeit Feeney and Revan didn't make the bench.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Athletic saying he's got a League Two loan lined up, great for him to get a move to that level and a big test as last season was with our U21s and season before that in the fifth and sixth tiers in the football league, so big step up, in right set-up I'm sure he's capable of doing well though.

• Like 1

Â