Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, turvontour said:

Just imagine the atmosphere around the club when he makes his return. 

whatever sharpness he has lost will be lost in a nutshell 

12 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think the original estimate was 7-9 months which would put them both around mid-May at the end of that timeframe. 

Scores the Winner in Athens then! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dude seek help 🤣

44 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Thanks for posting your views on Buendia, despite him not playing for four months, we weren't aware.

Parody account

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Injured therefore become x1000 better. 

We’ll listen to offers in the Summer. Massive disappointment 

I’m looking forward to him coming back, he could be a great asset in this team this season.  That spark of creativity we sometimes miss.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 21:34, Delphinho123 said:

Injured therefore become x1000 better. 

We’ll listen to offers in the Summer. Massive disappointment 

The VT way … He’s been a massive disappointment for £33-38mill 9 goals and 9 assists in 78 games for us is a poor return imo. An expensive bench warmer at best when fit. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The VT way … He’s been a massive disappointment for £33-38mill 9 goals and 9 assists in 78 games for us is a poor return imo. An expensive bench warmer at best when fit. 

I like Buendia but can't disagree that he's not repaid the fee. Still, he's young and has definite quality. Hope he comes back stronger, was on fire in pre season. 

17 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I like Buendia but can't disagree that he's not repaid the fee. Still, he's young and has definite quality. Hope he comes back stronger, was on fire in pre season. 

Just turned 27 … hope he does come good but unsure tbh 

Edited by thabucks

We will never know if he would have continued his preseason form into the league , but from what i saw he was quicker stronger and happier than he had been before. He is Villa through and through now . And in a possession based team absolutely perfectly suited to playing as one of the two tens.

His ability cannot be questioned.  BUT his game management can be. When to pass quickly, and when to hold on and recycle the ball has always been the issue. If that is solved then he can be a huge player for us now we are coming up against the low block more and more. To get a similar type player with better stats would cost a fortune. Emery will just coach him to be that player i think. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He'd have had a Bailey like season if fit. 

He looked superb in pre season. 

Would he ? Based on a few pre season games when Philogene-Bidace looked like prime Overmars means f-all … He’s tenacious and runs around but I question his quality for a team with our ambitions. Hope I’m wrong but cannot see him miraculously getting any better for us  

43 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Out of interest what are his stats for just Emery?

Â